Contribute to the Wikimedia Technical Blog!

Contribute to the Wikimedia Technical Blog!

Sarah Rodlund
Hi all,

Are you interested in writing a post for the Wikimedia Technical Blog
<https://techblog.wikimedia.org/>? We're currently seeking contributions!

Writing a post is a great opportunity to reflect on and share your work
with a wide audience of people who are curious about Wikimedia technology
and the Open Source community. This venue provides a central place for
people to share stories about the technical work that they do. Posts cover a
range of topics
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines#Outlines_for_topics>
from how-tos, to community outreach, to deep dives into processes and
technology, and much more.

If you're interested in writing a blog post, read the editorial guidelines
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines>
to learn about what would make a good story and how to get published! We
manage the process of reviewing and publishing posts here:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/Technical-blog-posts

Looking forward to reading your stories!

Sarah R. Rodlund
Senior Technical Writer, Developer Advocacy
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Developer_Advocacy>
[hidden email]

*“*

Re: Contribute to the Wikimedia Technical Blog!

Rahul Pawar
Hey,
Please give me details about what you are looking for posts. I would be
glad to work with you and contribute

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020, 8:40 pm Sarah R, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Are you interested in writing a post for the Wikimedia Technical Blog
> <https://techblog.wikimedia.org/>? We're currently seeking contributions!
>
> Writing a post is a great opportunity to reflect on and share your work
> with a wide audience of people who are curious about Wikimedia technology
> and the Open Source community. This venue provides a central place for
> people to share stories about the technical work that they do. Posts cover
> range of topics
> <
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines#Outlines_for_topics
> >
> from how-tos, to community outreach, to deep dives into processes and
> technology, and much more.
>
> If you're interested in writing a blog post, read the editorial guidelines
> <
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines
> >
> to learn about what would make a good story and how to get published! We
> manage the process of reviewing and publishing posts here:
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/Technical-blog-posts
>
> Looking forward to reading your stories!
>
> Sarah R. Rodlund
> Senior Technical Writer, Developer Advocacy
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Developer_Advocacy>
> [hidden email]
>

> *“*

Re: Contribute to the Wikimedia Technical Blog!

Andre Klapper-2
Hi Rahul,

On Sat, 2020-07-18 at 00:30 +0530, Rahul Pawar wrote:
> Please give me details about what you are looking for posts. I would be
> glad to work with you and contribute

See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines#About_the_Tech_Blog

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Contribute to the Wikimedia Technical Blog!

Soham Parekh
Hi Andre,

Are there specific topics or can we write about our GSoC experience as well?

On Sat, 2020-07-18 at 02:45 +0530, Soham Parekh wrote:
> Are there specific topics or can we write about our GSoC experience
> as well?

Have you checked the link that I posted? If the wiki page is somehow
unclear, then please clarify what's unclear on its Discussion page at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines

Thanks a lot! :)
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Contribute to the Wikimedia Technical Blog!

Rahul Pawar
Ya read the post in link n I want to contribute. So who is the admin I want
to consult about topic

On Sat, 2020-07-18 at 17:02 +0530, Rahul Pawar wrote:
> Ya read the post in link n I want to contribute. So who is the admin I want
> to consult about topic

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines#Share_your_idea_for_your_blog_post_or_a_post_you_have_already_written

Cheers,
andre