Converting some of the great and helpful websites in to kannada

Converting some of the great and helpful websites in to kannada

jagadish
Dear All,

I am Jagadesha NH from South Asian University, i work in the filed of Text
Analytic's and Text Mining. I was wondering how helpful it would be if we
can translate WHO(http://www.who.int/en/) website in to Kannada. Due to the
increase in number of Mobile Internet users it would be helpful we can
translate this site and can spread across many rural people who can get
information on many things like family planning and etc.

--
Regards

Jagadesha NH
+91-9986021989
M.Sc Computer Science
South Asian University
New Delhi
http://www.creativewebdesigners.in
http://www.jagadeshanh.name

Re: Converting some of the great and helpful websites in to kannada

Hari Prasad Nadig-2
Sounds like a good initiative to take up.

However, you should write to WHO and request their permissions first to
translate as they hold the copyright to the text.

Cheers,

On 18 November 2013 16:14, jagadish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am Jagadesha NH from South Asian University, i work in the filed of Text
> Analytic's and Text Mining. I was wondering how helpful it would be if we
> can translate WHO(http://www.who.int/en/) website in to Kannada. Due to
> the
> increase in number of Mobile Internet users it would be helpful we can
> translate this site and can spread across many rural people who can get
> information on many things like family planning and etc.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jagadesha NH
> +91-9986021989
> M.Sc Computer Science
> South Asian University
> New Delhi
> http://www.creativewebdesigners.in
> http://www.jagadeshanh.name

Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net
http://twitter.com/hpnadig
http://flickr.com/hpnadig

Re: Converting some of the great and helpful websites in to kannada

Hari Prasad Nadig-2
Or better still, get WHO to release their knowledge base in Creative
Commons or similar license.

In any case, this is off-topic on a Wikimedia mailing list.

Cheers,

--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net

Re: Converting some of the great and helpful websites in to kannada

jagadish
Dear Hari,

I have already written a mail to WHO regarding this, i am just waiting for
their response. Yes Hari you are true this is a good initiative because
they have a good knowledge base regarding the health issues and concerns
being Kannadigas we should contribute something to our state, lets do it.
Just waiting for a positive response from WHO.

Thanks for your reply.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Hari Prasad Nadig <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Or better still, get WHO to release their knowledge base in Creative
> Commons or similar license.
>
> In any case, this is off-topic on a Wikimedia mailing list.
>
> Cheers,
>

> On 18 November 2013 23:34, Hari Prasad Nadig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a good initiative to take up.
> >
> > However, you should write to WHO and request their permissions first to
> > translate as they hold the copyright to the text.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > On 18 November 2013 16:14, jagadish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >> I am Jagadesha NH from South Asian University, i work in the filed of
> Text
> >> Analytic's and Text Mining. I was wondering how helpful it would be if
> we
> >> can translate WHO(http://www.who.int/en/) website in to Kannada. Due to
> >> the
> >> increase in number of Mobile Internet users it would be helpful we can
> >> translate this site and can spread across many rural people who can get
> >> information on many things like family planning and etc.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jagadesha NH
> >> +91-9986021989
> >> M.Sc Computer Science
> >> South Asian University
> >> New Delhi
> >> http://www.creativewebdesigners.in
> >> http://www.jagadeshanh.name

> > Hari Prasad Nadig
> > http://hpnadig.net
> > http://twitter.com/hpnadig
> > http://flickr.com/hpnadig
> >

> --
> Hari Prasad Nadig
> http://hpnadig.net
> http://twitter.com/hpnadig
> http://flickr.com/hpnadig

Regards

Jagadesha NH
+91-9986021989
M.Sc Computer Science
South Asian University
New Delhi
http://www.creativewebdesigners.in
http://www.jagadeshanh.name

Re: Converting some of the great and helpful websites in to kannada

Vishnu t
Dear Jagadish,

If improving Health and medicine related content in Kannada WP is the
objective, one could look at the translating articles from WikiProject
Medicine. See here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Medicine .

It has some really good articles and one can start right away (no need to
wait for any permission)  :)

Cheers,
Vishnu