Corrupt database

mediawiki
I have been running mediawiki 1.5.5

Right now my site is down.  All I get is:

Error in fetchObject(): Can't find file: 'page.MYI' (errno: 2)

When I go in phpmyadmin, I see all these terrible error messages every where saying things like:

#1016 - Can't open file: 'objectcache.MYI'. (errno: 145)

I can read the cur table.  I see lots of what once my site was still there.

When I make a backup of the datbase I can see all the data, but when I try to restore it to a new database, I only get the first 25 rows, and none of these apear to contain any usefull data.

How would you suggest I try to restore the data?  How can I avoid such database coruption in the future?

-Brian

Re: Corrupt database

Brion Vibber
[hidden email] wrote:
> I have been running mediawiki 1.5.5
>
> Right now my site is down.  All I get is:
>
> Error in fetchObject(): Can't find file: 'page.MYI' (errno: 2)
>
> When I go in phpmyadmin, I see all these terrible error messages every where saying things like:
>
> #1016 - Can't open file: 'objectcache.MYI'. (errno: 145)

Google up some MySQL help. Hint: REPAIR TABLES.

> How would you suggest I try to restore the data?  How can I avoid such database coruption in the future?

Use InnoDB.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)