Creating a new page template

matt bravo
Hello all,

I have Media wiki setup and have been using it to collaborate for a few
months now and I love it.

We have noticed that we tend to create pages that very similar in form (like
section headings, initial content, etc..) and organization.

Is there a way to create a php page that has some built in template features
like maybe drop downs of section heading options
and some default text so that when we want to create a new wiki page we can
just go to this page, enter the title and make a few selections
and it creates a new wiki page when submitted?

I assume there must be a way to hook into the php functions that handle new
page creation, anyone ever done anything like this?

Thanks in advance,
matt

Re: Creating a new page template

Raquel Rice
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:13:10 -0700
"matt bravo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have Media wiki setup and have been using it to collaborate for
> a few months now and I love it.
>
> We have noticed that we tend to create pages that very similar in
> form (like section headings, initial content, etc..) and
> organization.
>
> Is there a way to create a php page that has some built in
> template features like maybe drop downs of section heading options
> and some default text so that when we want to create a new wiki
> page we can just go to this page, enter the title and make a few
> selections and it creates a new wiki page when submitted?
>
> I assume there must be a way to hook into the php functions that
> handle new page creation, anyone ever done anything like this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> matt

Hi Matt,

Have you heard anything or figured out anything on this yet?

--
Raquel

Re: Creating a new page template

Chris Earle (CBL)
Extensions are your first/best place to check out for add-on features....
there's a lot of them that do really neat things

Not sure it's too easy to do full-on drop downs

but you can preload a new page using this great extension
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Inputbox

so you could create some custom inputboxes for creating the specific types
of pages you regularly use.....that would present the user with an edit box
with some preloaded text of what items to fill in etc.....

Good luck/have fun

--
Chris Earle

"matt bravo" <[hidden email]> wrote in