Creating two pages with one form

Frank Baxmann
Hello,

I have this scenario:
We want to create a new page with a form. When saving the form, a second
Page shall get created.
Does someone know a solution for this without the need of an extension?

The effect i want is doing some #autoedit of the second page with
pressing the save button of the first one.

Greetings

Frank

Re: Creating two pages with one form

Ad Strack van Schijndel
Hi Frank,

Why don't you want to use an extension?
Markus created the http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutoCreatePage extension that does exactly what you want.

Ad

Op Nov 24, 2014, om 4:02 PM heeft Frank Baxmann <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

Hello,

I have this scenario:
We want to create a new page with a form. When saving the form, a second
Page shall get created.
Does someone know a solution for this without the need of an extension?

The effect i want is doing some #autoedit of the second page with
pressing the save button of the first one.

Greetings

Frank

Re: Creating two pages with one form

Frank Baxmann
thx

Cite of documentation: "However, newly created pages can never create
additional pages"

So this extension is exactly not doing what I need, because i need an
additional page to a newly created page...

On 24.11.2014 16:13, Ad Strack van Schijndel wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Why don't you want to use an extension?
> Markus created the http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutoCreatePage extension that does exactly what you want.
>
> Ad
>
> Op Nov 24, 2014, om 4:02 PM heeft Frank Baxmann <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have this scenario:
> We want to create a new page with a form. When saving the form, a second
> Page shall get created.
> Does someone know a solution for this without the need of an extension?
>
> The effect i want is doing some #autoedit of the second page with
> pressing the save button of the first one.
>
> Greetings
>
> Frank

Re: Creating two pages with one form

planetenxin
Hi Frank,

maybe https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Create_Page

/Alexander

Am 24.11.2014 um 16:02 schrieb Frank Baxmann:

> Hello,
>
> I have this scenario:
> We want to create a new page with a form. When saving the form, a second
> Page shall get created.
> Does someone know a solution for this without the need of an extension?
>
> The effect i want is doing some #autoedit of the second page with
> pressing the save button of the first one.
>
> Greetings
>
> Frank

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com

Re: Creating two pages with one form

Ad Strack van Schijndel
What the documentation means to say is that there is no cascading effect of AutoCreatePage.
So with 'Save' on your form you create a page that has '{{#createpageifnotex:Name of the page to create|Initial content of the page if created}}' in the template.

The effect is that the first page is created and also a second page. But if that page also has an AutoCreatePage thing, there is no third page created.

So I still think this is exactly what you need :-)

Op Nov 24, 2014, om 4:22 PM heeft Frank Baxmann <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

thx

Cite of documentation: "However, newly created pages can never create
additional pages"

So this extension is exactly not doing what I need, because i need an
additional page to a newly created page...

On 24.11.2014 16:13, Ad Strack van Schijndel wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Why don't you want to use an extension?
> Markus created the http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutoCreatePage extension that does exactly what you want.
>
> Ad
>
> Op Nov 24, 2014, om 4:02 PM heeft Frank Baxmann <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have this scenario:
> We want to create a new page with a form. When saving the form, a second
> Page shall get created.
> Does someone know a solution for this without the need of an extension?
>
> The effect i want is doing some #autoedit of the second page with
> pressing the save button of the first one.
>
> Greetings
>
> Frank

Re: Creating two pages with one form

Frank Baxmann
Yes thx,

in this case it's indeed exactly what I need. Maybe a bit clarification
in doc needed. thx