Creative Commons Event - Mumbai

Pradeep Mohandas-4
hi,

Today, we had the Mumbai event of Creative Commons. They are in India in February visiting Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore.
We had a turnout of about 30-40 people today in Mumbai. We met at the Victor Menzes Conference Center at IIT-Bombay.

We began with a brief on Creative Commons in India, a brief idea on the various Creative Commons license and why to use it.

We covered extensive ground especially on areas that the Creative Commons is now being applied in - Culture, Education, Government and Science.

All in all, a good day with many Wikipedians in Mumbai turning up. Thank you for coming.

Our thanks to Prof. Shishir Jha of IIT-Bombay for help with getting the venue. We'd like to thank Jessica Coates and Jane Hornibrook of Creative Commons for spending time talking to us. They also expressed hope that they would be able to revive CC-India and an associated mailing list.

warm regards,
Pradeep Mohandas

Pradeep Mohandas
How Pradeep uses email? - http://goo.gl/6v1I9

Re: Creative Commons Event - Mumbai

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-3
Thank you very much for your report Pradeep. It feels great to know
that the CC movement and the Wiki movement in India are working hand
in hand to achieve a common goal. I just hope that someday, Tier II
cities like Mysore, Coimbatore, which have a lot of cultural history
can be part of such events.

--
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Member of the Executive Committee

Donate to the Wikimedia India Chapter today<http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Donations>

Re: [WMIN-Members] Creative Commons Event - Mumbai

Rohini Lakshané
Hello ,

Photos from the workshop can be found at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Creative_Commons_Workshop,_Mumbai_2013

Regards,