Cron on nightshade not running since Nov 2nd?

Cron on nightshade not running since Nov 2nd?

Danny B.
My cron stuff on nightshade ran on Nov 2nd at 6:05 UTC and since that nothing, although I have daily period set.

Is that only issue on my account or global?

Could somebody please check? Thank you.

Kind regards

Danny B.

Re: Cron on nightshade not running since Nov 2nd?

Christian Thiele
Hi,

Am 05.11.2013, 19:56 Uhr, schrieb Danny B. <[hidden email]>:

> My cron stuff on nightshade ran on Nov 2nd at 6:05 UTC and since that
> nothing, although I have daily period set.
>
> Is that only issue on my account or global?

for me the same. I just switched to cronie instead of crontab, which works.

Greets,
Christian / APPER

Re: Cron on nightshade not running since Nov 2nd?

Federico Leva (Nemo)
I don't know if cronie is recommended, but
https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Cron#Conversion

Nemo

Re: Cron on nightshade not running since Nov 2nd?

Platonides
On 06/11/13 09:59, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> I don't know if cronie is recommended, but
> https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Cron#Conversion
>
> Nemo

On nightshade, crontab *is* cronie.

The cron server is running and -after a quick test- working. The problem
seems to lie with emails, which are not sent.

Re: Cron on nightshade not running since Nov 2nd?

Christian Thiele
Hello,

Am 06.11.2013, 22:49 Uhr, schrieb Platonides <[hidden email]>:

> On nightshade, crontab *is* cronie.
>
> The cron server is running and -after a quick test- working. The problem
> seems to lie with emails, which are not sent.

I spoke about willow, and there crontab didn't work (I don't receive any
mails from cron (everything goes to /dev/null), but I write log files). I
don't know what's the case with nightshade. I didn't thought about it
because I changed my cron and on another MMP project crontab never worked
on willow (only cronie), so I thought it's some problem with crontab. So I
thought it was only my problem and switched to cronie for my user account,
too (and it worked again). But then a mail was written by Danny. So it
seems to be a general problem with crontab on willow.

Chris / APPER

On 07/11/13 01:30, Christian Thiele wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am 06.11.2013, 22:49 Uhr, schrieb Platonides <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On nightshade, crontab *is* cronie.
>>
>> The cron server is running and -after a quick test- working. The
>> problem seems to lie with emails, which are not sent.
>
> I spoke about willow, and there crontab didn't work (I don't receive any
> mails from cron (everything goes to /dev/null), but I write log files).
> I don't know what's the case with nightshade. I didn't thought about it
> because I changed my cron and on another MMP project crontab never
> worked on willow (only cronie), so I thought it's some problem with
> crontab. So I thought it was only my problem and switched to cronie for
> my user account, too (and it worked again). But then a mail was written
> by Danny. So it seems to be a general problem with crontab on willow.
>
> Chris / APPER

Well, Danny was talking about nightshade. It is indeed the case that in
willow crontab and cronie are different processes, and sometimes crontab
dies (seems to be running, though).