Cross-wiki defective translations in Korean

Cross-wiki defective translations in Korean

Woojin Kim
First, I apologize if I sent wrong email list.

I'd like to report wrong/defective translations has been being created in
Korean on MetaWiki and StrategyWiki. I suspect these poor translations is
made by PauloHelene and his socks and/or IPs. (Some of IPs are used in Ajou
University <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajou_University>. Also you can see
his various IP address
here<http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:PauloHelene&action=history>).
They made a lot of bad translations so it is impossible to fix them in short
time.

And he is showing abusive behaivours in Wikitravel Shared. and his request
for translator right in translatewiki.net has been denied. (Archived
requests for translator
rights<http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Project:Translator/Archive/2009/3>
Section
126). Korean Wikipedia also discussed several time
(here<http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%B0%B1%EA%B3%BC:%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%EB%B0%A9/2009%EB%85%84_%EC%A0%9C21%EC%A3%BC#.EB.8F.84.EC.99.80.EC.A3.BC.EC.84.B8.EC.9A.94.>
and
here<http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%B0%B1%EA%B3%BC:%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%EB%B0%A9/2009%EB%85%84_%EC%A0%9C39%EC%A3%BC#PauloHelene_.EA.B4.80.EB.A0.A8_.EB.AC.B8.EC.A0.9C>)
for his poor translations but there is no fundamental solution to prevent
him from editing.

Please take actions to prevent him from abusing. Some advices are also
welcome. Thank you.

--
김우진
Woojin Kim

Re: Cross-wiki defective translations in Korean

Effe iets anders
do you mean poor as in "bad quality, grammar is all wrong" or as in "he
tells a totally different thing, on purpose perhaps"?

-- Lodewijk

2009/10/11 Woojin Kim <[hidden email]>

> First, I apologize if I sent wrong email list.
>
> I'd like to report wrong/defective translations has been being created in
> Korean on MetaWiki and StrategyWiki. I suspect these poor translations is
> made by PauloHelene and his socks and/or IPs. (Some of IPs are used in Ajou
> University <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajou_University>. Also you can
> see
> his various IP address
> here<
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:PauloHelene&action=history
> >).
> They made a lot of bad translations so it is impossible to fix them in
> short
> time.
>
> And he is showing abusive behaivours in Wikitravel Shared. and his request
> for translator right in translatewiki.net has been denied. (Archived
> requests for translator
> rights<http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Project:Translator/Archive/2009/3>
> Section
> 126). Korean Wikipedia also discussed several time
> (here<
> http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%B0%B1%EA%B3%BC:%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%EB%B0%A9/2009%EB%85%84_%EC%A0%9C21%EC%A3%BC#.EB.8F.84.EC.99.80.EC.A3.BC.EC.84.B8.EC.9A.94
> .>
> and
> here<
> http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%B0%B1%EA%B3%BC:%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%EB%B0%A9/2009%EB%85%84_%EC%A0%9C39%EC%A3%BC#PauloHelene_.EA.B4.80.EB.A0.A8_.EB.AC.B8.EC.A0.9C
> >)
> for his poor translations but there is no fundamental solution to prevent
> him from editing.
>
> Please take actions to prevent him from abusing. Some advices are also
> welcome. Thank you.
>
> --
> 김우진
> Woojin Kim

Re: Cross-wiki defective translations in Korean

Woojin Kim
It means both "bad grammar" and "cannot understand". Because he is using
Machine translations. In Korean, Grammar is very important to tell
informations accurately. Since his grammar is terrible, translation is very
confusable and even cannot be understood.

2009/10/11 effe iets anders <[hidden email]>

> do you mean poor as in "bad quality, grammar is all wrong" or as in "he
> tells a totally different thing, on purpose perhaps"?
>
> -- Lodewijk
>
> 2009/10/11 Woojin Kim <[hidden email]>
>
> > First, I apologize if I sent wrong email list.
> >
> > I'd like to report wrong/defective translations has been being created in
> > Korean on MetaWiki and StrategyWiki. I suspect these poor translations is
> > made by PauloHelene and his socks and/or IPs. (Some of IPs are used in
> Ajou
> > University <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajou_University>. Also you can
> > see
> > his various IP address
> > here<
> >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:PauloHelene&action=history
> > >).
> > They made a lot of bad translations so it is impossible to fix them in
> > short
> > time.
> >
> > And he is showing abusive behaivours in Wikitravel Shared. and his
> request
> > for translator right in translatewiki.net has been denied. (Archived
> > requests for translator
> > rights<http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Project:Translator/Archive/2009/3>
> > Section
> > 126). Korean Wikipedia also discussed several time
> > (here<
> >
> http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%B0%B1%EA%B3%BC:%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%EB%B0%A9/2009%EB%85%84_%EC%A0%9C21%EC%A3%BC#.EB.8F.84.EC.99.80.EC.A3.BC.EC.84.B8.EC.9A.94
> > .>
> > and
> > here<
> >
> http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%84%ED%82%A4%EB%B0%B1%EA%B3%BC:%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91%EB%B0%A9/2009%EB%85%84_%EC%A0%9C39%EC%A3%BC#PauloHelene_.EA.B4.80.EB.A0.A8_.EB.AC.B8.EC.A0.9C
> > >)
> > for his poor translations but there is no fundamental solution to prevent
> > him from editing.
> >
> > Please take actions to prevent him from abusing. Some advices are also
> > welcome. Thank you.
> >
> > --
> > 김우진
> > Woojin Kim

김우진
Woojin Kim

Re: Cross-wiki defective translations in Korean

Philippe Beaudette-2
Woojin,

You are welcome to correct the bad translations... it's a wiki, after
all :-)  We welcome any improvement to translation on strategy wiki.

Philippe