Custom Images for Tooltip? (or get persistent tooltip over image)

Custom Images for Tooltip? (or get persistent tooltip over image)

lbillett
We're getting a lot of utility out of the persistent styled smw tooltips. Lets us hide all kinds of links and buttons in them without overwhelming the user. Is there a way to customize the image used for the icon? or alternatively, have one of these tooltips appear on hovering over an image? Kind of like the note/warning options, but with a wiki-side image?

Not sure where to start with it. The simpletooltip extension lets you specify an image, but you can't interact with it.

lpab

Re: Custom Images for Tooltip? (or get persistent tooltip over image)

James HK
Hi,

> Not sure where to start with it.

See my comments at [0].

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/2408

Cheers

On 4/15/17, lbillett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We're getting a lot of utility out of the persistent styled smw tooltips.
> Lets us hide all kinds of links and buttons in them without overwhelming
> the
> user. Is there a way to customize the image used for the icon? or
> alternatively, have one of these tooltips appear on hovering over an image?
> Kind of like the note/warning options, but with a wiki-side image?
>
> Not sure where to start with it. The simpletooltip extension lets you
> specify an image, but you can't interact with it.
>
> lpab

Re: Custom Images for Tooltip? (or get persistent tooltip over image)

lbillett
James HK wrote
Thanks James, I appreciate your efforts.

lpab