Customize Sidebar

Schakal19
I use MediaWiki 1.6.2. Is there any way to customize the Sidebar in
LocalSettings.php (like in 1.4)?

I'm working with two languages (two different LocalSettings.php with
$wgUseDatabaseMessages = false;) and I want for each LocalSettings a
different Sidebar.
Changes in MediaWiki:Sidebar doesn't work.

Re: Customize Sidebar

Rotem Liss
Of course changes in MediaWiki:Sidebar don't work, because you've
disabled them; however, changing the message "sidebar" (appears in the
top of Language.php) will do. (If you have two different files for every
site; if not, create a variable (named $sidebar) in LocalSettings.php,
and set "sidebar" in Language.php to $sidebar.)

- wrote:

>I use MediaWiki 1.6.2. Is there any way to customize the Sidebar in
>LocalSettings.php (like in 1.4)?
>
>I'm working with two languages (two different LocalSettings.php with
>$wgUseDatabaseMessages = false;) and I want for each LocalSettings a
>different Sidebar.
>Changes in MediaWiki:Sidebar doesn't work.

Re: Customize Sidebar

Schakal19
You mean messages.php, not languages.php, right?

Can you give me an example? I have tried it but it don't work.

Rotem Liss schrieb:

> Of course changes in MediaWiki:Sidebar don't work, because you've
> disabled them; however, changing the message "sidebar" (appears in the
> top of Language.php) will do. (If you have two different files for
> every site; if not, create a variable (named $sidebar) in
> LocalSettings.php, and set "sidebar" in Language.php to $sidebar.)
>

> - wrote:
>
>> I use MediaWiki 1.6.2. Is there any way to customize the Sidebar in
>> LocalSettings.php (like in 1.4)?
>>
>> I'm working with two languages (two different LocalSettings.php with
>> $wgUseDatabaseMessages = false;) and I want for each LocalSettings a
>> different Sidebar.
>> Changes in MediaWiki:Sidebar doesn't work.

Re: Customize Sidebar

Rotem Liss
Messages.php, of course.

Do you have different PHP files (others from LocalSettings.php) for
every site, or not?

- wrote:

>You mean messages.php, not languages.php, right?
>
>Can you give me an example? I have tried it but it don't work.
>
>Rotem Liss schrieb:
>

>>Of course changes in MediaWiki:Sidebar don't work, because you've
>>disabled them; however, changing the message "sidebar" (appears in the
>>top of Language.php) will do. (If you have two different files for
>>every site; if not, create a variable (named $sidebar) in
>>LocalSettings.php, and set "sidebar" in Language.php to $sidebar.)
>>

>>- wrote:
>>

>>>I use MediaWiki 1.6.2. Is there any way to customize the Sidebar in
>>>LocalSettings.php (like in 1.4)?
>>>
>>>I'm working with two languages (two different LocalSettings.php with
>>>$wgUseDatabaseMessages = false;) and I want for each LocalSettings a
>>>different Sidebar.
>>>Changes in MediaWiki:Sidebar doesn't work.

Re: Customize Sidebar

Schakal19
I have just two different LocalSettings.php files.

In messages.php i have now

'sidebar' => ''.$sidebar.'',

in the first LocalSettings_de.php I have

$sidebar= '* navigation';
$sidebar.= '** mainpage|Hauptseite';
$sidebar.= '** portal-url|portal';
$sidebar.= '** currentevents-url|Neuigkeiten';
$sidebar.= '** recentchanges-url|Aenderungen';
$sidebar.= '** randompage-url|Zufallsseite';
$sidebar.= '** helppage|hilfe';
$sidebar.= '** sitesupport-url|support';

in the second LocalSettings_en.php I have

$sidebar= '* navigation';
$sidebar.= '** mainpage|mainpage';
$sidebar.= '** portal-url|portal';
$sidebar.= '** currentevents-url|currentevents';
$sidebar.= '** recentchanges-url|recentchanges';
$sidebar.= '** randompage-url|randompage';
$sidebar.= '** helppage|help';
$sidebar.= '** sitesupport-url|sitesupport';

I controll the different LocalSetings in index.php

# Include this site setttings
if ($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] == 'mywiki.de'){
  require_once( './LocalSettings_de.php' );
}
else{
  require_once( './LocalSettings_en.php' );
}

I have done the setup with german languages and I always get a german
sidebar.....