Cycling in DC/HK

Richard Symonds-3

What are the facilities for cycle hire in DC and Hong Kong?

Richard Symonds, Wikimedia UK

Re: Cycling in DC/HK

Joseph Fox
I think someone already asked - unless you plan to hire for half an hour at a time, from what I recall the rates are completely outrageous. I'll let someone with more knowledge than me give you a definitive answer however.

Joe

On 24 Jun 2012, at 10:51, Richard Symonds wrote:

What are the facilities for cycle hire in DC and Hong Kong?

Richard Symonds, Wikimedia UK

Re: Cycling in DC/HK

Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu)
For most people in  HK
Cycling is actually a Sports activities in New Territories (in other words, suburb)
rather than a mean of transport for commuters
(though in NT, some people will travel within their own New town by cycling)

and the venue is in downtown, so it is impossible reach by cycling
sorry for that

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Richard Symonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

What are the facilities for cycle hire in DC and Hong Kong?

Richard Symonds, Wikimedia UK

Jeromy-Yu Chan, Jerry
http://plasticnews.wf/
http://about.me/jeromyu
UID: Jeromyu
(on Facebook, Twitter, Plurk & most sites)

Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
Οὔτε τι τῶν ἀνθρωπίνων ἄξιον ὂν μεγάλης σπουδῆς

Re: Cycling in DC/HK

James Hare
Capital Bikeshare is very popular. http://www.capitalbikeshare.com/.
This was actually what Joseph was talking about—it's designed to go
from point A to point B; then, you dock the bike at a designated rack.
There is a Bikeshare rack right by the venue. The overage charges kick
in once you want to bike more than a half-hour, like Joseph said. A
three-day membership is $15.

There's also a bike rental pavilion just outside of Union Station. I'm
not at all familiar with it, but I'm guessing that's for more
long-term rental.

D.C. in general is a good city for bicycling, seeing as the downtown
is all flat. (Unfortunately, I live at the top of a hill.)

James

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Richard Symonds
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> What are the facilities for cycle hire in DC and Hong Kong?
>
> Richard Symonds, Wikimedia UK

Re: Cycling in DC/HK

Nicholas Michael Bashour
Aside from Capital Bike Share, there are other bike rental options in the area:

You can find information on bike laws in the Washington, DC, area here: http://www.waba.org/resources/laws.php

Sincerely,

Nicholas Michael Bashour
President