D3.js

Krabina Bernhard
hi,

wow, this http://www.cs.umd.edu/~bederson/papers/index.html should be available in SMW as a result format or extension or whatever

8-)

cheers,
Bernhard

Re: [Semediawiki-user] D3.js

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Bernhard,

Wow, that's pretty neat! It appears that this is using a JavaScript library called Keshif, which in turn uses D3.js:

And the guy whose instance you linked to seems to be one of the people behind the project.

Any thoughts by anyone on this interface versus that of Exhibit?

...or, for that matter, on SRF's "filtered" format?

I wasn't sure whether to include "filtered" in there, since it has significantly fewer features than the other two, but then again simplicity often has its own virtues, especially in user interfaces.

Of the three, Keshif's UI feels the most "alive" - there's always something happening as you move the mouse around. I don't know whether that's useful or not, and I'd be curious to hear anyone's opinions on these browsing interfaces. In theory, the SMW system could support any one of these - it has supported Exhibit in the past, and I think it could again, although maybe people find one of the other options superior.

-Yaron

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Krabina Bernhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

wow, this http://www.cs.umd.edu/~bederson/papers/index.html should be available in SMW as a result format or extension or whatever

8-)

cheers,
Bernhard

Re: [Semediawiki-user] D3.js

planetenxin
... I like Exhibit 3 because of a clearer (optical) design and numerous
export formats of filtered values (Keshif seems to put everything to
Google - bah).

/Alexander

> Of the three, Keshif's UI feels the most "alive" - there's always
> something happening as you move the mouse around. I don't know whether
> that's useful or not, and I'd be curious to hear anyone's opinions on
> these browsing interfaces. In theory, the SMW system could support any
> one of these - it has supported Exhibit in the past, and I think it
> could again, although maybe people find one of the other options superior.
>
> -Yaron

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com