Quantcast

Data Transfer-Sepcial:ImportCSV not working

Data Transfer-Sepcial:ImportCSV not working

Claudio
This post was updated on .
Hi

I have recently installed SMW on my wiki and have been trying to use both the Data Transfer extension, and the External Data Extension.

my wiki currently runs:

Product Version
MediaWiki 1.18.2
PHP 5.3.3 (apache2handler)
MySQL 5.0.77

Data Transfer (Version 0.3.9)
External Data (Version 1.3.6)

I have a CSV File with CSV data:

Title,People[date],People[year],Free Text
George,22,1977,He is a good guy

then i have a template called people (Template:People) with:

He is {{{date}}} year old, was born in {{{year}}}

I have Also created a page called George so that the data in George gets updated. Can Someone Explain to me what it is that i am doing wrong? Update: I get a Http 500 crash... But this doesnt make sense because the rest of my wiki works just fine.

With Regards to the External Data Extension, i used an example that is available on the net:

== Data ==
{{#get_web_data:url=http://semanticweb.org/wiki/Special:Ask/-5B-5BGermany-5D-5D/-3FBorders/-3FPopulation/-3FArea/format%3Dcsv/sep%3D,
    |format=csv with header|data=bordered countries=borders,population=population,area=area}}

* Germany borders the following countries and bodies of water:
{{#arraymap:{{#external_value:bordered countries}}|,|x|[[Borders country::x]]}}.
* Germany has population {{#external_value:population}}.

but i get blank results!!!

Please can someone help me! Thanks :)

Re: Data Transfer-Sepcial:ImportCSV not working

kghbln
Heiya Claudio,

this is one of the rare cases where the description of the problem provides no clue how to help. May you
please be more elaborate about your problem since this will increase the chance of getting help?

Thank you and cheers Karsten