Data for Portuguese Wikipedia

Oona Castro
Dear all,
we have been trying to get some data for analyses of a test in the
Portuguese Wikipedia from april 12 to July 12. During this period,
it's been given the option to reverters of also blocking vandals to
support admins and make reverts less necessary.
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipédia_Discussão:Votações/Reversores_bloqueando_vândalos

We haven't been able to get them so far. Would anyone have ideas on
how we can get it? Or is anyone in this list able to do it?

It's been almost one month since the test was finished and they wanted
to discuss the results of the test in a data driven fashion, but since
it's been quite a while they're about to make decisions without being
able to analyse data.

Does anyone can help us with this?

Data required would be:

Amount of reverts from January 12 to April 11 - 2012
Amount of reverts from April 12 to July 12 - 2012
Amount of reverts from January 12 to March  11 - 2011
Amount of reverts from April 12 to July 12 - 2011
Amount of edits made by reverts and admins in the same periods
Amount - total edits (general) in the same periods
If possible, data from 2010 would give us a better idea of this history

Thank you so much!
Best regards
Oona

Re: Data for Portuguese Wikipedia

Steven Walling-3
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Oona Castro <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

To be clear for those not familiar with Portuguese Wikipedia...

Here "reverters" (Reversores) is a user right equivalent to Rollbacker on English Wikipedia.[1]

Extending the ability to block IPs and newly-registered accounts to a user group outside the small admin corps on Portuguese Wikipedia might induce some radical changes in the community dynamics. (There are only like 30-40 admins, and more than 100 rollbackers.) This topic sounds pretty interesting, not to mention important to inform community decision-making.

Re: Data for Portuguese Wikipedia

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada
You can analyse the dump http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ptwiki/20120806/ or ask for an account in Toolserver http://toolserver.org/ or both.

2012/8/11 Oona Castro <[hidden email]>
[...]

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)

Re: Data for Portuguese Wikipedia

Federico Leva (Nemo)
emijrp, 08/11/2012 10:25 AM:
> You can analyse the dump http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ptwiki/20120806/ or
> ask for an account in Toolserver http://toolserver.org/ or both.

...but you first have to define what a revert is for you, as this is not
obvius at all (see also lengthy discussions on this mailing list recently).

Nemo