Data for "Why the world reads Wikipedia"

Data for "Why the world reads Wikipedia"

Dakota Killpack
Hi all,

I am trying to do some analysis of the data from the "Why the world reads
Wikipedia" project, downloaded from here:
https://figshare.com/articles/Why_the_World_Reads_Wikipedia/7579937/1

Unfortunately, it looks the page titles were written incorrectly in the
making it impossible to examine anything other than enwiki.

From what I can gather, the data is actually missing:
https://pastebin.com/bTh4BUV9

Is there anywhere where I can get access to a corrected version of this
dataset?

Regards,
Dakota Killpack

Re: Data for "Why the world reads Wikipedia"

Isaac Johnson
Hi Dakota,
Thanks for notifying us of this issue. I've uploaded a fixed dataset (the
(except that titles should now be fixed). Let me know if you find any other
issues with the data.

https://figshare.com/articles/Why_the_World_Reads_Wikipedia/7579937

Best,
Isaac

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 2:45 AM Dakota Killpack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to do some analysis of the data from the "Why the world reads
> Wikipedia" project, downloaded from here:
> https://figshare.com/articles/Why_the_World_Reads_Wikipedia/7579937/1
>
> Unfortunately, it looks the page titles were written incorrectly in the
> making it impossible to examine anything other than enwiki.
>
> From what I can gather, the data is actually missing:
> https://pastebin.com/bTh4BUV9
>
> Is there anywhere where I can get access to a corrected version of this
> dataset?
>
> Regards,
> Dakota Killpack

Isaac Johnson -- Research Scientist -- Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Data for "Why the world reads Wikipedia"

Dakota Killpack
Hi Isaac,

Thank you for the quick response! The new data looks like it's fixed.

Best,
Dakota