Database of all users

Kiril Simeonovski
Dear all,

I was wondering if there is a way to extract a database of all users (or
selection of users according to some criteria) with their contributions to
the Wikimedia projects until a fixed point of time from the XTools.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Kiril

Re: Database of all users

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Kiril Simeonovski, 07/06/19 09:57:
>   with their contributions to
> the Wikimedia projects

Do you mean the *number* of their contributions, or literally all their
contributions? Filtering the stub dumps would be one systematic way to
get all the metadata about edits.

If you just need aggregate numbers with some filter by date, namespace
or other, the fastest way is probably to write a script which loops
through all the databases on Labs. For instance I made this to list the
users who contribute in a certain language, to find translators for very
small languages:
<https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/labs/tools/lists/+/master/scripts/userslang.py>

Federico

Re: Database of all users

Kiril Simeonovski
Hi Federico,

Thanks for the straightforward answer. My idea is to extract the number of
contributions across projects and namespaces.

Best,
Kiril