Database schema diagram for MW 1.32

Krinkle
Hi all,

Are you familiar with MediaWiki's database schema diagram?

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/File:MediaWiki_database_schema_latest.svg
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_layout

I've updated it yearly, or every other year, since 2011. – hoping to have it
updated for MediaWiki 1.32. But, I'm currently struggling to find the time.

Are you interested in learning about and creating the next diagram? Let me
know :)

-- Timo

PS: I've made these since 2011, and wrote down my process at:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_layout/diagram

Re: Database schema diagram for MW 1.32

Derick Alangi
Hi Krinkle,

This sounds like a very delicate area of MW but I guess it's not production
code that will break things and I can always run the diagrams agains an
experienced person for validation before it gets published. I'm interested
and would like to work with you on this. Thanks a lot :)

*--*
*</Derick <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:X-Savitar>>*

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 8:57 PM Krinkle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Are you familiar with MediaWiki's database schema diagram?
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/File:MediaWiki_database_schema_latest.svg
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_layout
>
> I've updated it yearly, or every other year, since 2011. – hoping to have
> it
> updated for MediaWiki 1.32. But, I'm currently struggling to find the time.
>
> Are you interested in learning about and creating the next diagram? Let me
> know :)
>
> -- Timo
>
> PS: I've made these since 2011, and wrote down my process at:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Database_layout/diagram

Re: Database schema diagram for MW 1.32

Jaime Crespo
On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 9:57 PM Krinkle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've updated it yearly, or every other year, since 2011. – hoping to have it
> updated for MediaWiki 1.32. But, I'm currently struggling to find the time.
>
> Are you interested in learning about and creating the next diagram? Let me
> know :)

It would be nice to get that automated, that could be maybe a nice
GSoC project ?
I started working on
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/337390/ as a first
step towards automation, but put it on pause.