Datatables and Semantic Title: (caching) problem?

Datatables and Semantic Title: (caching) problem?

Hermann Schwärzler
Hi everybody,

I have a weird problem here: for a "database" of recognitions of prior
learning I am trying to display a searchable table of these.
"format=datatables" seems to be the perfect choice for this but I am
using Semantic Title to give the pages a nice title which (at least
sometimes) seems to be a problem in combination with datatables.

Please have a look at
http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c102180/smw_table_vs_datatables.png
to see what I mean. The left part of this image is a table of relevant
pages with "format=table". You see the semantic title is used for all
the displayed page names.
The right part is the very same ask-statement only with the output
format changed to "format=datatables". You see for some of the pages the
not so nice internal page name is used and for some the semantic title.

I tried
php extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/rebuildData.php
followed by
php maintenance/runJobs.php
but unfortunately to no avail.

Klicking on the title in both tables brings me to the respective page
where the Semantic Title is always used correctly.

Does anyone of you have any suggestions what to do or how to debug this?
Or has someone else seen similar behaviour?

Greetings
Hermann

Re: Datatables and Semantic Title: (caching) problem?

kghbln
Heiya Hermann,

I have just set up a working example [0] without the use of the
"Semantic Title" extension. Since Semantic MediaWiki 2.4.0 you just need
to use MediaWiki's DISPLAYTITLE variable which integrates into Semantic
MediaWiki.

Cheers Karsten

[0] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Titlequery

Am 06.04.2017 um 09:37 schrieb Hermann Schwärzler:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a weird problem here: for a "database" of recognitions of prior
> learning I am trying to display a searchable table of these.
> "format=datatables" seems to be the perfect choice for this but I am
> using Semantic Title to give the pages a nice title which (at least
> sometimes) seems to be a problem in combination with datatables.
>
> Please have a look at
> http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c102180/smw_table_vs_datatables.png
> to see what I mean. The left part of this image is a table of relevant
> pages with "format=table". You see the semantic title is used for all
> the displayed page names.
> The right part is the very same ask-statement only with the output
> format changed to "format=datatables". You see for some of the pages the
> not so nice internal page name is used and for some the semantic title.
>
> I tried
> php extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/maintenance/rebuildData.php
> followed by
> php maintenance/runJobs.php
> but unfortunately to no avail.
>
> Klicking on the title in both tables brings me to the respective page
> where the Semantic Title is always used correctly.
>
> Does anyone of you have any suggestions what to do or how to debug this?
> Or has someone else seen similar behaviour?
>
> Greetings
> Hermann

Re: Datatables and Semantic Title: (caching) problem?

Hermann Schwärzler
Hi Karsten,

thanks for your help and the example. You may have noticed that I made a
few changes to it in order to check out some things.

At the moment I am unable to make DISPLAYTITLE work in my installation.
I will have to look into this. Maybe DISPLAYTITLE and Semantic Title
clash somehow and the former does not work when the latter is installed?

Anyway: normally I am totally happy to use Semantic Title as it just
works. And it does indeed work for me when using a normal table as
output format for my ask-statement. But it fails (partly) when using
"datatables".

So unless Semantic Title is totally obsolete and should be replaced by
using DISPLAYTITLE asap, I still see a potential problem here and would
like to find a solution...

Greetings
Hermann

On 04/06/2017 09:58 AM, [[kgh]] wrote:

> Heiya Hermann,
>
> I have just set up a working example [0] without the use of the
> "Semantic Title" extension. Since Semantic MediaWiki 2.4.0 you just need
> to use MediaWiki's DISPLAYTITLE variable which integrates into Semantic
> MediaWiki.
>
> Cheers Karsten
>
> [0] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Titlequery

[...]

Re: Datatables and Semantic Title: (caching) problem?

Hermann Schwärzler
Hi Karsten (and everyone),

I just found out why DISPLAYTITLE was not working for me!
To make it work I had to set
$wgRestrictDisplayTitle = false;
in my LocalSettings.php.

One should always read the whole information on pages like
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgAllowDisplayTitle
not just skim over the first few words. :-)

Will check if this helps tomorrow (as I have to go now).

Greetings
Hermann

On 04/06/2017 09:58 AM, [[kgh]] wrote:

> Heiya Hermann,
>
> I have just set up a working example [0] without the use of the
> "Semantic Title" extension. Since Semantic MediaWiki 2.4.0 you just need
> to use MediaWiki's DISPLAYTITLE variable which integrates into Semantic
> MediaWiki.
>
> Cheers Karsten
>
> [0] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Titlequery
>
> Am 06.04.2017 um 09:37 schrieb Hermann Schwärzler:
[...]

Re: Datatables and Semantic Title: (caching) problem?

kghbln
Heiya,

indeed, this needs to be set. See also the docu on the "Display title
of" [0] special property.

Cheers Karsten

[0]
https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Special_property_Display_title_of