Default page access

matt bravo
Hello All,

I wanted to know if there is a way to set each page in the wiki to be
editable only by is creator when the page is first created.  Then the user
who created the page could open the page up to whoever it wanted at some
later time if they desire.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Re: Default page access

Brion Vibber
matt bravo wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I wanted to know if there is a way to set each page in the wiki to be
> editable only by is creator when the page is first created.  Then the user
> who created the page could open the page up to whoever it wanted at some
> later time if they desire.

No; that is contrary to how wikis work, and is not supported.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Default page access

jej-2

I think that all these questions since few months about restrictions in
a wiki enlights the lacks of the current CMS's. People need a CMS as
flexible as a wiki but with the common security features of a CMS. I
also guess that when I see my logs about the "restriction patch for
mediawiki" : 3/4 requests are related about wiki restriction/privacy
features.

Jej