Default sorting in datatables result format

Simon Schlosser
Hi all,

I am wondering whether the semantic result format <datatables> is able to sort the results of a query by default. My problem is, that in the documentation (https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Datatables_format) the <sort> parameter is explicitly mentioned, but it seems that it has no effect on the result. Nonetheless, manual sorting after having obtained the results is of course possible by clicking the headlines of each column. In the talk pages there is an old entry from 2013 which says that a default sorting of the table is not possible. Is this still true and the sort parameter has no effect, even though it is documented?

Thanks,
Simon

Re: Default sorting in datatables result format

kghbln
Heiya Simon,

I did some testing. It is indeed not working and seems to be immanent in
the result formats using the DataTables lib. I use this one pretty often
but this sorting behavior never caught my attention since I
predominantly use it with the live search field provided. I guess this
is one of the things on the strong side of it.

Cheers Karsten

Am 18.04.2017 um 18:52 schrieb Simon Schlosser:

> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering whether the semantic result format <datatables> is able to sort the results of a query by default. My problem is, that in the documentation (https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Datatables_format) the <sort> parameter is explicitly mentioned, but it seems that it has no effect on the result. Nonetheless, manual sorting after having obtained the results is of course possible by clicking the headlines of each column. In the talk pages there is an old entry from 2013 which says that a default sorting of the table is not possible. Is this still true and the sort parameter has no effect, even though it is documented?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

Re: Default sorting in datatables result format

Simon Schlosser
Hey Karsten,
thanks for your prompt message! Ok, then its not me who is the problem :)  However, I really love the datatables format, even without default sorting.
Best,
Simon

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----