Quantcast

Deleting a template off a form

Anna Maxted
Hi All

I have many pages that have been created from a form.

The form is created from #formlink, with the name of the page generated by fields within the form using {{{info|page name=....}}}

The page can be edited by choosing 'edit with form'.

I want to remove one of the templates from the form - but would like the information still to show on the pages, if the page when created - used that template.

Is there a way to do this?

I did a test and removed a template, but all the inforrmation was deleted off the pages that were created from that form.

Hopefully i've explained this well - but happy to provide more information.

Thanks for your time! anna

Re: Deleting a template off a form

Simon Heimler
Hello Anna,

Templates have to work this way in order to be useful. Not sure if you can
make an exception here.

But you could edit or keep the old template and change/edit the form itself
to not include the template anymore. New Forms will then not use this
template. Old Pages will still have the Information in it content. They
will be placed at the bottom of the site then, I guess. You could try that
out - not absolutely sure right now if thats working for you.

Greets,
Simon

2013/9/25 Anna Maxted <[hidden email]>

> Hi All
>
> I have many pages that have been created from a form.
>
> The form is created from #formlink, with the name of the page generated by
> fields within the form using {{{info|page name=....}}}
>
> The page can be edited by choosing 'edit with form'.
>
> I want to remove one of the templates from the form - but would like the
> information still to show on the pages, if the page when created - used
> that
> template.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> I did a test and removed a template, but all the inforrmation was deleted
> off the pages that were created from that form.
>
> Hopefully i've explained this well - but happy to provide more information.
>
> Thanks for your time! anna

Re: Deleting a template off a form

Cavila Contrafibularity
That's indeed what happens when you remove those fields from the form. Instead hide all fields pertaining to this template by adding "hidden" to their description (see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Defining_forms#.27field.27_tag) and of course, remove extraneous stuff such as the template labels that go with those fields. That should do the trick.

> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:34:00 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Semediawiki-user] Deleting a template off a form
>
> Hi All
>
> I have many pages that have been created from a form.
>
> The form is created from #formlink, with the name of the page generated by
> fields within the form using {{{info|page name=....}}}
>
> The page can be edited by choosing 'edit with form'.
>
> I want to remove one of the templates from the form - but would like the
> information still to show on the pages, if the page when created - used that
> template.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> I did a test and removed a template, but all the inforrmation was deleted
> off the pages that were created from that form.
>
> Hopefully i've explained this well - but happy to provide more information.
>
> Thanks for your time! anna

Re: Deleting a template off a form

Anna Maxted
Thanks Camila - thats exactly what I was after!

I believe this will be the easiest way going forward to, to hide these fields from the form - as I create better templates to replace them.

Thanks again!