Deleting old versions

JuergenL
Hi,

how can I delete old versions of articles in my mediawiki
installation? I know that I can delete all versions and restore the
latest. But I have to to this on about 500 articles.

greetings
Juergen

Re: Deleting old versions

Rob Church
There is a maintenance script present in CVS (would be available in
1.5.7) which can delete all old revisions and purge the associated
text records. Export it and the dependent files from CVS using the
branch REL_1_5.

Rob Church

On 07/02/06, JuergenL <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can I delete old versions of articles in my mediawiki
> installation? I know that I can delete all versions and restore the
> latest. But I have to to this on about 500 articles.
>
> greetings
> Juergen

Re: Deleting old versions

JuergenL
thanks, I found the script but I got the following error when I ran it:

Function:
Error: 1153 Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes (mysql.myhost.com)

Any idea what to do?

Juergen