Deryck Chan, a specific thank you

Benoit Rochon
I'd like to point out the work of Deryck Chan, who was there for us, with his group of volunteers, from dusk 'til dawn at the dorms. Mr. Chan act as a facilitator for the foreigners that we are, and I want to thank him personally for his availability and his patience! We all come from different cultures, and some things may look not important for some of us, but for the hosts, it was a big thing.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do": few of us broke rules in Hong Kong, me first, and probably without knowing, but Deryck had the patience to explain this many times.

Last night, he mentioned to me "Wikimania is so big, it's hard to manage all this". Well Deryck, you did great; as we say in French: "Une poigne de fer dans un gant de velour."

So, Deryck Chan, please let me give you an high five. You earn it.

Now rest please!  :-)

Benoit Rochon
--
Chargé de projet / Project manager
Wikimédia Canada

Re: Deryck Chan, a specific thank you

Ravan Jaafar
I would like to mention the same!
I was sad that they didn't mention Deryck on the stage! Without him, I wouldn't be able to come to HK. He is the most helpful, organized, patiernt & good person.
Thank you Deryck for everything.

Regards,
Ravan

Re: Deryck Chan, a specific thank you

kwaichu so
Dear Ravan,

You have a thankful heart. What a pity we have chance to share more in the Conference.

Eugenie from HK

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Ravan Jaafar <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Téléphone : <a href="tel:1-800-249-1216" target="_blank" value="+18002491216">1-800-249-1216

Re: Deryck Chan, a specific thank you

Phoebe Ayers-2
And Deryck coordinated the program and made it work! He definitely played a big role in the conference :)

-- phoebe

--
Phoebe Ayers
Wikimedia Foundation | UC Davis Libraries

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Benoit Rochon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Téléphone : <a href="tel:1-800-249-1216" value="+18002491216" target="_blank">1-800-249-1216

Re: Deryck Chan, a specific thank you

Anirudh S. Bhati
I was very happy with the amount of personal attention that Deryck paid to the participants staying at the dorms, supported by his team at all times.  Well-rested participants are a key component of a well-organized event. (-:

A big thank you to Deryck and his team!

Anirudh