Desysopping procedure against waerth

Walter van Kalken
A desysopping procedure against me has started on nl:

A brilliant timing btw my sysopstatus will be taken away on my birthday.
As I have said before. If I get desysopped something breaks in me. As I
have always done a lot for the community. It is ironic that on nl: the
trolls can stay, as they do not even get blocked! And the one who is
constantly trying to keep things going looses his modstatus.

I have tried after a year of discussing to finally get a blockpolicy
going on nl: that allows blocks for more than 24 hours. 7 proposals have
been made by 7 users. But no what do they want on nl: they want to
discuss things further. Meanwhile trolls feast on nl: and multiple users
have left already. Also an arbcom has been discussed for over a year.
And everytime someone has a proposal they discuss further and further
and further. NL: has become a discussionforum in which proposals are
discussed, but never ever implemented. I tried to further it by warning
people on their userpages that wikipedia is not a discussionforum. They
responded with a desysoppingprocedure here:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Afzetting_moderators

This is the worst birthday gift after over 2 years of hard work. I
defended nl.wikipedia a number of times over the radio as a
presscontact. everyone said I had done a good job. I now feel stupid
sorry for doing  such a good job. This community doesn't deserve people
who are willing to work hard.

Waerth/Walter

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Desysopping procedure against waerth

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
I hope you realise that there is more to this than meets the eye.
Waerth has been doing things that were awfull. This list is not nice
and I will not bother you with a complete decomfiture. Understand that
I like Waerth as a person. I do admire his hard work. The fact is also
that I found it necessary to vote.

I have been warned on my user page by Waerth because I dared to
suggest that it would be good to take some time and reduce the number
of options to vote for in a block policy to something more manageable.
Some eight admins were threatened with a desysop procedure for the
same reason. It is abuse of power like this that made me decide to
vote.

The fact that vandals need to be dealt with does not mean that
everything is allowed in this fight. It may be true that much time was
wasted, but there is always another day.

I do not mind when you vote for Waerth, but when you do, please do it
after having learned the reasons why it came this far in the first
place.

Thanks,
   GerardM

On 1/17/06, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A desysopping procedure against me has started on nl:
>
> A brilliant timing btw my sysopstatus will be taken away on my birthday.
> As I have said before. If I get desysopped something breaks in me. As I
> have always done a lot for the community. It is ironic that on nl: the
> trolls can stay, as they do not even get blocked! And the one who is
> constantly trying to keep things going looses his modstatus.
>
> I have tried after a year of discussing to finally get a blockpolicy
> going on nl: that allows blocks for more than 24 hours. 7 proposals have
> been made by 7 users. But no what do they want on nl: they want to
> discuss things further. Meanwhile trolls feast on nl: and multiple users
> have left already. Also an arbcom has been discussed for over a year.
> And everytime someone has a proposal they discuss further and further
> and further. NL: has become a discussionforum in which proposals are
> discussed, but never ever implemented. I tried to further it by warning
> people on their userpages that wikipedia is not a discussionforum. They
> responded with a desysoppingprocedure here:
> http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Afzetting_moderators
>
> This is the worst birthday gift after over 2 years of hard work. I
> defended nl.wikipedia a number of times over the radio as a
> presscontact. everyone said I had done a good job. I now feel stupid
> sorry for doing  such a good job. This community doesn't deserve people
> who are willing to work hard.
>
> Waerth/Walter

Re: [Wikipedia-l] Desysopping procedure against waerth

Daniel Mayer
This is truly sad. I think we need Jimbo to declare that NL will have an arbcom to get things
going. I would recommend that he appoint you as its first member. De-sysop indeed. Things must be
very bad on nl if somebody I trust as much as I trust you gets desysoped there.

Maybe you should tell them that I and the board trust you so much that you have read access to the
foundation PayPal account and can edit the foundation wiki. You have never abused those rights and
are still very much so trusted.

Everybody on every wiki needs to know that rules *only* exist to serve our goal of creating and
distributing the best encyclopedia in the world. They should *never* be used as weapons against
people you happen to not like for whatever reason and they certainly do *not* exist for their own
sake. That is in fact what the ignore all rules policy is all about.

-- mav

--- Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A desysopping procedure against me has started on nl:
>
> A brilliant timing btw my sysopstatus will be taken away on my birthday.
> As I have said before. If I get desysopped something breaks in me. As I
> have always done a lot for the community. It is ironic that on nl: the
> trolls can stay, as they do not even get blocked! And the one who is
> constantly trying to keep things going looses his modstatus.
>
> I have tried after a year of discussing to finally get a blockpolicy
> going on nl: that allows blocks for more than 24 hours. 7 proposals have
> been made by 7 users. But no what do they want on nl: they want to
> discuss things further. Meanwhile trolls feast on nl: and multiple users
> have left already. Also an arbcom has been discussed for over a year.
> And everytime someone has a proposal they discuss further and further
> and further. NL: has become a discussionforum in which proposals are
> discussed, but never ever implemented. I tried to further it by warning
> people on their userpages that wikipedia is not a discussionforum. They
> responded with a desysoppingprocedure here:
> http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Afzetting_moderators
>
> This is the worst birthday gift after over 2 years of hard work. I
> defended nl.wikipedia a number of times over the radio as a
> presscontact. everyone said I had done a good job. I now feel stupid
> sorry for doing  such a good job. This community doesn't deserve people
> who are willing to work hard.
>
> Waerth/Walter

Re: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Desysopping procedure against waerth

Walter van Kalken
I did make some mistakes but they were to finally get the process about
sensible rules and guidelines on nl: going. They backfired. I requested
to be desysopped:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_permissions#User:Waerth

Waerth/Walter