Detailed summary of Wikimedia board elections and candidates

Detailed summary of Wikimedia board elections and candidates

Jesse (Pathoschild)
Hello,

I've prepared a detailed summary of the board elections and candidates
at < http://pathos.ca/blog/pathoschild/61 >, based on the collected
platforms, comments, user subpages, articles, and so forth for each
candidate. The wiki equivalent is at <
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:News/2007-07-01#Candidates >;
corrections will be mirrored.

It took far longer to read through all the information than I had
planned for. I hope it will be useful for those with more important
uses for their free time. ;)

Yours cordially,
Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)

Re: Detailed summary of Wikimedia board elections and candidates

oscar van dillen
dear jesse,

thx for the trouble, but i personally find it very
1. pov and incomplete - rather a personal selection of topics and views, in
my case e.g. my urgent intention of *setting up a management information
system with integration of relevant statistics* is missing completely (among
other things).
2. unbalanced - the great differences in length per candidate are
unbalanced, e.g. kim bruning is presented with a mere 2 lines).

publishing your views on your blog i do of course not object to, but i don't
see why these should go on wikisource??

best regards,
oscar

On 7/3/07, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've prepared a detailed summary of the board elections and candidates
> at < http://pathos.ca/blog/pathoschild/61 >, based on the collected
> platforms, comments, user subpages, articles, and so forth for each
> candidate. The wiki equivalent is at <
> http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:News/2007-07-01#Candidates >;
> corrections will be mirrored.
>
> It took far longer to read through all the information than I had
> planned for. I hope it will be useful for those with more important
> uses for their free time. ;)
>
> Yours cordially,
> Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)

*edito ergo sum*

DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of the
Wikimedia Foundation nor of its Board of Trustees.

Re: Detailed summary of Wikimedia board elections and candidates

Jesse (Pathoschild)
Hello,

Two prominent candidates have privately contacted me about tweaks to
their summaries, and are satisfied with the current versions.
Corrections are made immediately, but accusations of bias are not
productive.

Effe iets anders: The edit button is on Wikisource <
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:News/2007-07-01#Candidates >
(changes are regularly mirrored by the blog entry). I've corrected
Danny's stewardship. :)

Oscar, the only mention of this 'management information system' you
mention, throughout the 19671 words of your statement and answers,
seems to be two brief sentences on the questions & answers page.
Please assume good faith and realize that, with something on the order
of 300,000 words total, missing a sentence or two on one page is not
difficult. I've added this to your summary.

The summaries are on Wikisource as part of Wikisource News, a local
community news project. The summaries were originally prepared
specifically for Wikisource News; I put it on my blog for the
convenience of having all the images in one place and for greater
dissemination. Wikisource is a wiki; if you see a mistake, fix it (or
at least politely point it out).

Yours cordially,
Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)