Developer Summit planning: code quality sessions

Developer Summit planning: code quality sessions

Daniel Kinzler
Hi all!

If you are interested in code quality and you are attending the Dev Summit,
please have a look at <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119032>.

I would appreciate any input on which additional sessions you think are
important, or how you would prioritize and group them. Any session proposed at
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikimedia-developer-summit-2016/> is fair
game, but they should fit into the "code quality" topic somehow (other proposals
will be discussed elsewhere).

Context:
The ArchCom is currently in the process of figuring sorting through the list of
proposed sessions, and trying to prioritize and group them. To this end, we have
identified 5 broad topic areas ("Content Format", "Access and APIs",
"Collaboration", "Software Engineering", and "User Interface" - see T119018 for
an overview).

My job is now to figure out which sessions we want in the "Software Engineering"
(aka "code quality") part of the event. I have started to do this at
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119032>. If you have any thoughts on how
these sessions should be prioritized or grouped, or what is missing, please comment.

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Developer Summit planning: code quality sessions

Greg Grossmeier-2
Hi Daniel,

<quote name="Daniel Kinzler" date="2015-11-26" time="19:36:42 +0100">
> Hi all!
>
> If you are interested in code quality and you are attending the Dev Summit,
> please have a look at <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119032>.

I am! And did!

> I would appreciate any input on which additional sessions you think are
> important, or how you would prioritize and group them. Any session proposed at
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikimedia-developer-summit-2016/> is fair
> game, but they should fit into the "code quality" topic somehow (other proposals
> will be discussed elsewhere).

I made a comment:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119032#1843116

Basically, it simply says that I believe a really important topic for
the Dev Summit would be to discuss, in a wider audience, in real time,
face to face, the RFC to drop Gerrit in favor of Differential
(Phabricator).

You can see tracking task for that RFC here:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119908

I think this has obvious ties to code quality (through how we develop as
a group).

Thanks for reaching out!

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |