Developer account creation - Way forward

Developer account creation - Way forward

Jay prakash
Hi, I am voluntarily working with CIS to conduct various MediaWiki Traning
programmes in Indian Universities.[1] We have already conducted two
training programmes. Now the third iteration of the MediaWiki Traning
programme is planned for 21 May 2019 at Christ University.[2] But due to
being Developer account creation temporarily disabled[3], New contributor
will not able to create the account. So what should be way forward? Should
we postpone the event or account creation will available before the 21 May

Account creation rights may be an option? But I am not sure it works on
Wikitech.

Thanks & Regards

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_University
[3] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:CreateAccount

User:Jayprakash12345
Lead Member, Indic-TechCom

Re: Developer account creation - Way forward

Andre Klapper-2
Hi,

On Sat, 2019-04-27 at 21:06 +0530, Jay prakash wrote:
> Hi, I am voluntarily working with CIS to conduct various MediaWiki Traning
> programmes in Indian Universities.[1] We have already conducted two
> training programmes. Now the third iteration of the MediaWiki Traning
> programme is planned for 21 May 2019 at Christ University.[2] But due to
> being Developer account creation temporarily disabled[3], New contributor
> will not able to create the account. So what should be way forward? Should
> we postpone the event or account creation will available before the 21 May

As far as I'm aware there is a good chance that account creation will
become available again in the next 2 or 3 weeks. (Obviously that'll
require not to run into unforeseen new technical obstacles though.)

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/