Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Jack LEE

Hi,

Were the greeters at the airport on 6 August? My plane landed around 10:00 am and by the time I had cleared immigration and picked up my luggage it was probably around 10:30–11:00 am. I looked around but didn’t see any Wikimania greeters. No worries, though, as I’ve been to Hong Kong before and knew where I was going. However, I was just wondering.

Cheers,

Jack Lee

(User:Smuconlaw)

Re: Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

derfussi
Same happened to me... Looked around for any WM sign or something.... Nothing.. But you can not miss the airport express....

Gesendet von Windows-Mail

Re: Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Andrew Gray-3
I missed the airport greeters (same time as you!) but found them at
Kowloon station with no problem. They were very helpful. Well done
Wikimania :-)

A.

On 8 August 2013 03:04, Jack LEE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Were the greeters at the airport on 6 August? My plane landed around 10:00
> am and by the time I had cleared immigration and picked up my luggage it was
> probably around 10:30–11:00 am. I looked around but didn’t see any Wikimania
> greeters. No worries, though, as I’ve been to Hong Kong before and knew
> where I was going. However, I was just wondering.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Jack Lee
>
> (User:Smuconlaw)

- Andrew Gray

Re: Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Dhaval S. Vyas
I landed yesterday around 10.30, was out by 11.oo am and could easily locate them just at the arrival exit B.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
I missed the airport greeters (same time as you!) but found them at
Kowloon station with no problem. They were very helpful. Well done
Wikimania :-)

A.

On 8 August 2013 03:04, Jack LEE <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Were the greeters at the airport on 6 August? My plane landed around 10:00
> am and by the time I had cleared immigration and picked up my luggage it was
> probably around 10:30–11:00 am. I looked around but didn’t see any Wikimania
> greeters. No worries, though, as I’ve been to Hong Kong before and knew
> where I was going. However, I was just wondering.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Jack Lee
>
> (User:Smuconlaw)

- Andrew Gray

Re: Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Andrew Lih-2
HKG airport is awesome in all respects, except for the fact that there is exit A and B, making it a tough to catch all arrivers.

Hopefully with more volunteers starting today to welcome more arrivals the exits will have more coverage.

Welcome to steamy HK!

Re: Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Drew Heath
They were definitely there today around 1500 when I passed through. They had several Wikimedia Foundation signs atop luggage carts at the baggage claim exit. I didn't stop to chat (had other business to attend to) but they were there and were smiling.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:
HKG airport is awesome in all respects, except for the fact that there is exit A and B, making it a tough to catch all arrivers.

Hopefully with more volunteers starting today to welcome more arrivals the exits will have more coverage.

Welcome to steamy HK!

Re: Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Chris Keating-2
I found the greeters at the airport - well done guys great idea!

I didn't se any at Kowloon station perhaps bcoz I found a shuttle bus to my hotel before arriving at the concourse.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Drew Heath <[hidden email]> wrote:
They were definitely there today around 1500 when I passed through. They had several Wikimedia Foundation signs atop luggage carts at the baggage claim exit. I didn't stop to chat (had other business to attend to) but they were there and were smiling.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Andrew Lih <[hidden email]> wrote:
HKG airport is awesome in all respects, except for the fact that there is exit A and B, making it a tough to catch all arrivers.

Hopefully with more volunteers starting today to welcome more arrivals the exits will have more coverage.

Welcome to steamy HK!

Re: Didn't See the Greeters - But No Worries

Gabriel Thullen
I finally got my laptop working to answer my emaiis.
The greeters at the airport found me straight away (I arrived Tuesday), they were great help. Excellent job, well done!

Gabe