Digitizing of the Codex Sinaiticus (was: [WikiFR-l] Numérisation du Codex Sinaiticus)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Digitizing of the Codex Sinaiticus (was: [WikiFR-l] Numérisation du Codex Sinaiticus)

Delphine Ménard
This French user points out this action of the British Library. Old
email but might be more appropriate for Wikimedia UK or Wikimedia
Deutschland?

I could think of a joint action Wikimedia UK/Wikimedia Deutschland
since the manuscript is in both countries. This, in any case, seems to
be a very interesting project to be part of, if at all possible.

http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/themes/asianafricanman/codex.html (at the end)

Best,

Delphine

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Xavier Teyssier <[hidden email]>
Date: May 2, 2007 5:48 AM
Subject: [WikiFR-l] Numérisation du Codex Sinaiticus
To: Liste de diffusion de la Wikipédia francophone
<[hidden email]>


Bonjour,

Apparemment, une des plus anciennes bibles connues va bientôt être numérisée
gràce à la British Library. (source :
http://www.sur-la-toile.com/mod_News_article_3392___.html )
Quelqu'un a t'il déjà entendu parler de ce projet, et surtout, savez vous
quelle est la politique de la British Library quant à la libération des
oeuvres numérisées ?
Serait-ce intéressant que Wikimédia France prenne contact avec eux pour
faire pencher la balance du bon côté ?

Cordialement,
--
Xavier Teyssier

_______________________________________________
Liste de diffusion WikiFR-L ([hidden email])
Gestion de votre abonnement sur
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikifr-l
Accessible en destinataire principal uniquement


--
~notafish
NB. This address is used for mailing lists. Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.
NB. Cette adresse est utilisée pour les listes de diffusion. Tout
email personnel envoyé à cette adresse sera probablement perdu.

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digitizing of the Codex Sinaiticus (was: [WikiFR-l] Numérisation du Codex S inaiticus )

Gordon Joly
At 18:46 +0200 8/5/07, Delphine Ménard wrote:

>This French user points out this action of the British Library. Old
>email but might be more appropriate for Wikimedia UK or Wikimedia
>Deutschland?
>
>I could think of a joint action Wikimedia UK/Wikimedia Deutschland
>since the manuscript is in both countries. This, in any case, seems to
>be a very interesting project to be part of, if at all possible.
>
>http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/themes/asianafricanman/codex.html (at the end)
>
>Best,
>
>Delphine


What about this codex?

http://www.believermag.com/issues/200705/?read=article_taylor

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Manchester wikimeet

Steel 359
In reply to this post by Delphine Ménard
I've been asked to publicise this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Manchester_2

_________________________________________________________________
Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manchester wikimeet

Gordon Joly
At 11:58 +0000 13/5/07, Steel 359 wrote:
>I've been asked to publicise this.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Manchester_2
>


I am not clear. Is the date fixed as Friday June 8th?

Gordon

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manchester wikimeet

Steel 359
>I am not clear. Is the date fixed as Friday June 8th?
>
>Gordon
>

Well, it is now by the looks of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Meetup/Manchester_2&curid=10920463&diff=130841725&oldid=130808268

_________________________________________________________________
Reserve your place in history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Manchester wikimeet

Gordon Joly
At 18:53 +0000 14/5/07, Steel 359 wrote:

>  >I am not clear. Is the date fixed as Friday June 8th?
>>
>>Gordon
>>
>
>Well, it is now by the looks of it.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Meetup/Manchester_2&curid=10920463&diff=130841725&oldid=130808268
>
>________


In that case I probably will not attend....

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia UK mailing list
[hidden email]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK
http://mail.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediauk-l