Disable Alt-O for logout?

David Biesack

Is there a way to disable the Alt-O shortcut for invoking the 'Log out' action? We use web server authentication for our mediawiki on our intranet so there is rarely a need for logging out. Also, people accidentally hit Alt-O when they mean to press Alt-P to preview, so I'd like to disable the shortcut.  I don't want to completely disable logging out; it is useful for some to logout and then log in under a different administrator account. (I will edit MediaWiki:Tooltip-logout to remove the Alt-O hint).

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help_desk/Archive_21#Disabling_accesskeys_after_the_upgrade

--
David J. Biesack     SAS Institute Inc.
(919) 531-7771       SAS Campus Drive

Re: Disable Alt-O for logout?

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 3/9/06, David J. Biesack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to disable the Alt-O shortcut for invoking the 'Log out' action?

I also have the same problem of hitting alt-o when trying to preview.
I used to know how to remove this for 1.4, but that solution won't
work for 1.5

Re: Disable Alt-O for logout?

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
To remove alt-o for logging out, edit [[MediaWiki:Monobook.js]]

Change this:

ta['pt-logout'] = new Array('o','Log out');

to this:

ta['pt-logout'] = new Array('','Log out'); /* hotkey was removed */