Display a page's last-changed data from *another* page?

Display a page's last-changed data from *another* page?

Matt England
I want to display a list of pages in one page, and adjacent to the page
links, I want to show the last-changed-date of each of the pages (and
potentially the page's author, but this author reference is not as important).

Can this be done?  Maybe something like:

    [[User:MattEngland|last-changed-timestamp]]

...could produce this time-stamp "meta" reference?

Background:

I am a manager, mostly for a software-development-based project, and I have
found it very convenient for my reports to keep their own status wiki page
tracking their progress, and also have project collection pages tracking
group progresses (we also use a lot of other collaboration tie-ins with
Subversion, blogs, Bugzilla, RequestTracker task tracking, forum-email
links, etc) to support this stuff.

One application of the above feature request would be for me to scan a list
of individual or project status to pages to see which ones have changed
recently or when then have changed at all.

-Matt

Re: Display a page's last-changed data from *another* page?

Tels
Moin Matt,

On Monday 20 March 2006 19:25, Matt England wrote:

> I want to display a list of pages in one page, and adjacent to the page
> links, I want to show the last-changed-date of each of the pages (and
> potentially the page's author, but this author reference is not as
> important).
>
> Can this be done?  Maybe something like:
>
>     [[User:MattEngland|last-changed-timestamp]]
>
> ...could produce this time-stamp "meta" reference?
This would mean that the page needs to be updated whenever the referenced
page(s) changes, e.g. the referenced pages all need a list of pages where
they are mentioned in that way. I do think this is currently not easily
to do, since that list is not kept (CMIIAW).

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Mon Mar 20 20:35:29 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 "In 1988, Jack Thompson ran against Janet Reno for DA of Dade County:
 Thompson's unique campaign message was that Reno was unfit for the job
 because, as a closeted lesbian with a drinking problem, she was great
 candidate for blackmail by the criminal element. Jack never explained
 why this remained a threat even after he exposed her 'secret'. Reno
 cruised at the polls."

Re: Display a page's last-changed data from *another* page?

Rob Church
You could write some sort of custom list extension with a parser hook.
Either make pages with the tag in uncacheable or make sure that the
pagelinks tables are updated and the cache for the referring page is
invalidated whenever one of the linked pages is altered.

Rob Church