Does anyone use the category browser?

Anders Wegge Keller

 While investigating the cause of errors like:

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: stack in .../includes/Title.php on line 2737

 I doscovered that the category browsing feature seem to have been
broken since revision 4913, which is more than three years old. I've
added the missing declaration in revision 31370, but I'm wondering if
anyone except me is actually using the feature?

--
// Wegge
<http://geowiki.wegge.dk/wiki/Forside> - Alt om geocaching

believed to be clean.

Re: Does anyone use the category browser?

Herta Van den Eynde-2
On 28/02/2008, Anders Wegge Jakobsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   While investigating the cause of errors like:
>
> PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: stack in .../includes/Title.php on line
> 2737
>
>   I doscovered that the category browsing feature seem to have been
> broken since revision 4913, which is more than three years old. I've
> added the missing declaration in revision 31370, but I'm wondering if
> anyone except me is actually using the feature?
>
> --
> // Wegge
> <http://geowiki.wegge.dk/wiki/Forside> - Alt om geocaching
> Bruger du den gratis spamfighther ser jeg kun dine indlæg *EN* gang.
>
> If by "the category browsin feature" you mean clicking the category at the
bottom of the page to get a list of other articles in the same category, or
going to Special Pages -> Categories, then yes, we use it quite often.

Environment: MW 1.11.0 on Fedora 8 - installation from scratch.

Kind regards,

Herta

--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."

Re: Does anyone use the category browser?

Adam Meyer
I use it. I havent noticed any errors with it though.
-Adam

"Herta Van den Eynde" <[hidden email]> writes:

> If by "the category browsin feature" you mean clicking the category at the
> bottom of the page to get a list of other articles in the same category, or
> going to Special Pages -> Categories, then yes, we use it quite often.

 No, I'm talking about the "experimental, DMOZ-like category browser",
that is anbled by setting $wgUseCategoryBrowser to true.

 You can see how it looks like here:
<http://testwiki.wegge.dk/index.php/Kategoritr%C3%A6er>

--
// Wegge
<http://geowiki.wegge.dk/wiki/Forside> - Alt om geocaching
Bruger du den gratis spamfighther ser jeg kun dine indlæg *EN* gang.

believed to be clean.

Re: Does anyone use the category browser?

Dave Sigafoos
Nope .. hadn't seen that one.  We use category tree for that.

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation
PICK Guy
206-770-5585