Donation FAQ

KIZU Naoko
Hi there,
I am now working on Japanese version and I love this year FAQ.
Generally it put a straightfoward message in clear expressions.
I found however a line which I cannot understand and would like you to
share how you have taken it. That is the last line of Section 11
as one of organizational goals
> # Increase distribution beyond Wikipedia

What means "beyond Wikipedia"? Wikipedia in the other forms than
on-line? Or its sibling projects? What means "increase distributions"?

Thanks for your input in advance,

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: Donation FAQ

Casey Brown-3
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am now working on Japanese version and I love this year FAQ.
> Generally it put a straightfoward message in clear expressions.
> I found however a line which I cannot understand and would like you to
> share how you have taken it. That is the last line of Section 11
> as one of organizational goals
>> # Increase distribution beyond Wikipedia
>
> What means "beyond Wikipedia"? Wikipedia in the other forms than
> on-line? Or its sibling projects? What means "increase distributions"?

I asked Rand about it:

(4:46:57 PM) Rand Montoya: sibling projects is the right interpretation

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
this address will probably get lost.

Re: Donation FAQ

Erik Moeller-4
Rand is incorrect. It refers to distribution in formats such as books,
DVDs, USB sticks, laptops, mobile, and so on.

Erik

2008/11/21 Casey Brown <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I am now working on Japanese version and I love this year FAQ.
>> Generally it put a straightfoward message in clear expressions.
>> I found however a line which I cannot understand and would like you to
>> share how you have taken it. That is the last line of Section 11
>> as one of organizational goals
>>> # Increase distribution beyond Wikipedia
>>
>> What means "beyond Wikipedia"? Wikipedia in the other forms than
>> on-line? Or its sibling projects? What means "increase distributions"?
>>

> I asked Rand about it:
>
> (4:46:57 PM) Rand Montoya: sibling projects is the right interpretation
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023
>
> ---
> this address will probably get lost.

Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Donation FAQ

KIZU Naoko
Okay, thanks guys.
I'll add this remark (Erik's version) to the source as inside comment.