Duplicate a wiki or a wiki database

FreeAll Support
Hello all...

Well, I wish to open a new wiki which is similar in many ways to the wiki I
already have.

I know the Export feature is not working yet, so I wondered if you know
about any other way to duplicate the wiki or the wiki database instead of
installing a new one and copy the pages one by one...

My wiki version is 1.5.6.

Thank you all very much,

Peleg.

Re: Duplicate a wiki or a wiki database

Arthur Guy-2
Just duplicate the database using your normal database management
software, then take a copy of the files and point them to the new
database.

Arthur
[hidden email]

Re: Duplicate a wiki or a wiki database

Robert Pfau
mysqldump -u databaseuser --password=password wikidb_name
--compatible=mysql40 > yourwikidb.sql
tar czf your-files.tar.gz /path/to/your/httpdocs

create the database & database_user on your new server
copy those 2 files to your new server
mysql -u newdatabaseuser --password=password wikidb_name < yourwikidb.sql
tar xzf your-files.tar.gz

adjust paths etc...

this is my raw backup-routine and it works quite good :)

.robert