Duplicate articles

Ashar Voultoiz-2
Hello,

Tonight nikerabbit and I have fixed some issues with namespaces on
several wikis. When changing namespaces, there are sometime conflicts
with already existing articles. They need to be fixed manually.

We had errors on bnwiki ocwiki and csbwiktionary. Members of those
communities need to fix the article wich have been renamed with the
suffix '/broken'.

The list are available on my webspace:

  http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/bnwiki-conflicts.txt
  http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/ocwiki-conflicts.txt
  http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/csbwiktionary-conflicts.txt

If there is any issue, come chat with sysadmin on
irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-tech and/or open a bug report on
http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/ .

cheers,

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar

Re: Duplicate articles

Ashar Voultoiz-2
Ashar Voultoiz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tonight nikerabbit and I have fixed some issues with namespaces on
> several wikis. When changing namespaces, there are sometime conflicts
> with already existing articles. They need to be fixed manually.
>
> We had errors on bnwiki ocwiki and csbwiktionary. Members of those
> communities need to fix the article wich have been renamed with the
> suffix '/broken'.
>
> The list are available on my webspace:
>
>   http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/bnwiki-conflicts.txt
>   http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/ocwiki-conflicts.txt
>   http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/csbwiktionary-conflicts.txt
>
> If there is any issue, come chat with sysadmin on
> irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-tech and/or open a bug report on
> http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/ .

We had some trouble with bnwiki , some article got wrongly moved and
need to be moved back manually. I think NikeRabbit is fixing them right now.

The list is available at:
  http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/bnwiki-autofix.txt

Sorry for the trouble :-/

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar
http://www.livejournal.com/community/wikitech/
IM: [hidden email]  ICQ: 15325080

Re: Re: Duplicate articles

M. Williamson
How are the Wiktionary: namespace on csb.wiki a problem? The namespace
wasn't changed.

Mark

On 09/01/06, Ashar Voultoiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ashar Voultoiz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Tonight nikerabbit and I have fixed some issues with namespaces on
> > several wikis. When changing namespaces, there are sometime conflicts
> > with already existing articles. They need to be fixed manually.
> >
> > We had errors on bnwiki ocwiki and csbwiktionary. Members of those
> > communities need to fix the article wich have been renamed with the
> > suffix '/broken'.
> >
> > The list are available on my webspace:
> >
> >   http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/bnwiki-conflicts.txt
> >   http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/ocwiki-conflicts.txt
> >   http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/csbwiktionary-conflicts.txt
> >
> > If there is any issue, come chat with sysadmin on
> > irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-tech and/or open a bug report on
> > http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/ .
>
> We had some trouble with bnwiki , some article got wrongly moved and
> need to be moved back manually. I think NikeRabbit is fixing them right now.
>
> The list is available at:
>  http://noc.wikimedia.org/~hashar/bnwiki-autofix.txt
>
> Sorry for the trouble :-/
>
> --
> Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar
> http://www.livejournal.com/community/wikitech/
> IM: [hidden email]  ICQ: 15325080

"Take away their language, destroy their souls." -- Joseph Stalin

Re: Re: Duplicate articles

Niklas Laxström
On 10/01/06, Mark Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How are the Wiktionary: namespace on csb.wiki a problem? The namespace
> wasn't changed.

Namespace were changed:
- NS_PROJECT          => 'Wiki',
- NS_PROJECT_TALK     => 'Diskùsëjô_Wiki',
+ NS_PROJECT          => $wgMetaNamespace,
+ NS_PROJECT_TALK     => 'Diskùsëjô_' . $wgMetaNamespace,

MetaNamespace and Sitename were not changed. Pages that were in
Wiki:-namespace were moved to Wiktionary:-namespace. If there was
already a page, conflict occurred. Also links to Wiki:-namespace
stopped working. Unfortunately we ran out of time and didn't yet check
whether we need to do something to those pages and links.

--
Niklas Laxström