Dyslexia - A new perspective

luqman michel
Dear Sir,
I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know why my article
"Dyslexia - A new perspective" was not published (deleted).

Just want to know why?
Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel

Visit my blog at: http://www.parentingdyslexia.com

Re: Dyslexia - A new perspective

michael west-3
On 18/03/2010, luqman michel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know why my article
> "Dyslexia - A new perspective" was not published (deleted).
>
> Just want to know why?
> Thank you and kind regards,
> Luqman Michel
>

> Visit my blog at: http://www.parentingdyslexia.com

I don't think it was published because Wikinews is not a spammed
article board. A quick google search lists the article on countless
sites.

Re: Dyslexia - A new perspective

Ron Cannon
Sir i have nothing to do with that issue but it seams that would be helpful. Ron Cannon

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM, michael west <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 18/03/2010, luqman michel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know why my article
> "Dyslexia - A new perspective" was not published (deleted).
>
> Just want to know why?
> Thank you and kind regards,
> Luqman Michel
>

> Visit my blog at: http://www.parentingdyslexia.com

I don't think it was published because Wikinews is not a spammed
article board. A quick google search lists the article on countless
sites.

Re: Dyslexia - A new perspective

bawolff
Well to look at the deletion log:

07:00, 8 March 2010 ShakataGaNai (Talk | contribs | block) deleted
"Dyslexia A new perspective" ‎ (this is an editorial,)

I would at first glance say it was because it was an editorial.
Wikinews does not accept editorials, as it goes against are policy of
neutral point of view. Furthermore looking at the article, its written
from a first person prespecive, and is essence a story about how you
teach kids with Dyslexia. A Wikinews article should report about
something that happened in news style, like you would read in a news
paper. It should answer the who what when where and why. Your article
tries to convince us to reconsider how we label dyslexia, which may or
may not be a good idea, but its trying to convince of us something
(which is what an editorial does) instead of trying to report the
facts (What a wikinews article does). Well I think its great that
you're helping dyslexic kids, this type of piece is more appropriate
for a blog. Since you have a blog, everyone wins. :D

You might try http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Request_an_interview
- but most times such requests go unfilled.

> I don't think it was published because Wikinews is not a spammed
> article board. A quick google search lists the article on countless
> sites.

I wouldn't exactly phrase it like that, but wikinews articles should
generally not simply be mirrors of content elsewhere (especially if
the content is opinionated), but instead should add something new,
either new information, or by combining information from multiple
sources. The purpose of wikinews is to create new content, not to give
pre-existing content more exposure

I would also recommend you read through http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:CG
--
- bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM, michael west <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 18/03/2010, luqman michel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Sir,
>> I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know why my article
>> "Dyslexia - A new perspective" was not published (deleted).
>>
>> Just want to know why?
>> Thank you and kind regards,
>> Luqman Michel
>>

>> Visit my blog at: http://www.parentingdyslexia.com

Re: Dyslexia - A new perspective

Jon Davis-5
First, whom ever is list modding needs to ban hammer both these users for socking.  I know it is a mailing list, but it is very obvious it is the same person.

Second.  I deleted that "article" because it isn't a news story.  If it were anything, it would be an editorial, which we don't accept.  Go spam it somewhere else,

-Jon

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:04, Ron Cannon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sir i have nothing to do with that issue but it seams that would be helpful. Ron Cannon

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM, michael west <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 18/03/2010, luqman michel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know why my article
> "Dyslexia - A new perspective" was not published (deleted).
>
> Just want to know why?
> Thank you and kind regards,
> Luqman Michel
>

> Visit my blog at: http://www.parentingdyslexia.com

I don't think it was published because Wikinews is not a spammed
article board. A quick google search lists the article on countless
sites.

Jon
[[User:ShakataGaNai]] / KJ6FNQ
http://photo.snowulf.com/ - Buy a pic, feed a photog.
http://snowulf.com/

Re: Dyslexia - A new perspective

brian.mcneil-2
On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 23:00 -0700, Jon Davis wrote:
> First, whom ever is list modding needs to ban hammer both these users
> for socking.  I know it is a mailing list, but it is very obvious it
> is the same person.

I let the initial post through; anything else is via actually
subscribing to the list and I can't put them on moderation or ban them.

--
Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>
Wikinewsie.org

michael west <michawest <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 18/03/2010, luqman michel <luqmanm2002 <at> yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Dear Sir,
> > I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know why my article
> > "Dyslexia - A new perspective" was not published (deleted).
> >
> > Just want to know why?
> > Thank you and kind regards,
> > Luqman Michel
> >

> > Visit my blog at: http://www.parentingdyslexia.com
> >

> I don't think it was published because Wikinews is not a spammed
> article board. A quick google search lists the article on countless
> sites.

Thank you for your response. I want my article to be made known to as many
people, who may be interested in dyslexia, as possible. To - date no one has
disputed on what I have written.If writing to get my findings to as many
people as possible is considered spamming that I am guilty.However, no one to
date has accused me of spamming.Wish you well.
Luqman Michel

Re: Dyslexia - A new perspective

gopher65
Sorry for the confusion. We're not accusing you of spamming in general,
we're pointing out that anything that is posted to Wikinews must be *news*.
As in, a factual representation of events that have happened in the past 3
days. Nothing older than 3 days is accepted (it's not news if it isn't new),
and editorials are not considered news.

Anything that doesn't qualify as news is considered spam and deleted, even
if it isn't posted with ill intent.

If a significant event happens in (or to) the dyslexia community then you
could write a news article about that event on Wikinews... as long as the
significant event was less than 3 days old. A significant event would be
something like a new medical discovery about dyslexia, or (potentially) even
a large conference about dyslexia.

But editorials or personal anecdotes will never be accepted on Wikinews.
That simply isn't what the site is for. That's what blogs are for.

Thank you for your interest in Wikinews. I hope that this encounter hasn't
soured your opinion of us or our site.

gopher65

> michael west <michawest <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> On 18/03/2010, luqman michel <luqmanm2002 <at> yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> > Dear Sir,
>> > I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know why my article
>> > "Dyslexia - A new perspective" was not published (deleted).
>> >
>> > Just want to know why?
>> > Thank you and kind regards,
>> > Luqman Michel
>> >

>> > Visit my blog at: http://www.parentingdyslexia.com
>> >

>> I don't think it was published because Wikinews is not a spammed
>> article board. A quick google search lists the article on countless
>> sites.
>>
> Thank you for your response. I want my article to be made known to as many
> people, who may be interested in dyslexia, as possible. To - date no one
> has
> disputed on what I have written.If writing to get my findings to as many
> people as possible is considered spamming that I am guilty.However, no one
> date has accused me of spamming.Wish you well.
> Luqman Michel

Re: Dyslexia - A new perspective

brian.mcneil-2
Gopher,

I've been ultra-busy, but - assuming you explicityly CC'd the
correspondent, thanks for such a professional and polite response.

B.

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 22:14 -0600, gopher65 wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion. We're not accusing you of spamming in general,
> we're pointing out that anything that is posted to Wikinews must be *news*.
> As in, a factual representation of events that have happened in the past 3
> days. Nothing older than 3 days is accepted (it's not news if it isn't new),
> and editorials are not considered news.
>
> Anything that doesn't qualify as news is considered spam and deleted, even
> if it isn't posted with ill intent.
>
> If a significant event happens in (or to) the dyslexia community then you
> could write a news article about that event on Wikinews... as long as the
> significant event was less than 3 days old. A significant event would be
> something like a new medical discovery about dyslexia, or (potentially) even
> a large conference about dyslexia.
>
> But editorials or personal anecdotes will never be accepted on Wikinews.
> That simply isn't what the site is for. That's what blogs are for.
>
> Thank you for your interest in Wikinews. I hope that this encounter hasn't
> soured your opinion of us or our site.
>
> gopher65

Brian McNeil <[hidden email]>
Wikinewsie.org