EMWCon Spring 2016: wrap-up

Yaron Koren
Hello,

Last week we had the first-ever Enterprise MediaWiki Conference, in New
York City, which I was the general chair for. I think the conference was a
success: we had about 30 attendees, representing some major companies,
government agencies, and MediaWiki consultants (I believe at least six
MediaWiki consulting companies were represented there).

You can see all the talks and panels here:

https://livestream.com/internetsociety/emwcon/

Many of you will be happy to know that, despite the name change, this was
essentially also a Semantic MediaWiki conference. Just about everyone there
was an SMW user, and SMW was a major topic of discussion. Which somewhat
confirms my previous hunch, that the "enterprise MediaWiki" and "Semantic
MediaWiki" communities, if not the same, at least have a high degree of
overlap.

Nevertheless, I think the name change to "EMWCon" was useful, in that it
enabled us to have talks about non-SMW-related subjects like the Wikimedia
Foundation, a potential "MediaWiki Foundation", and lots of non-SMW
extensions.

This is part of what I see as an overall trend within this community, which
is greater interest in topics like marketing (both to new organizations and
within organizations that have already adopted the software) and
organizational issues (like how to maintain an entire wiki farm within an
organization), and less interest in pure "Semantic Web" topics like
ontologies. Certainly that was the case at this conference. For that and
other reasons, I think it makes sense for all of SMWCon to be renamed to
EMWCon. However, this is not my decision to make, and I'm sure others have
opinions on the matter.

One other innovation of this conference was not having a tutorial day, and
replacing it with a "Create Camp": a day when people split into groups and
worked on Enterprise MediaWiki-related projects. (There was one Create Camp
before, at the SMWCon in Vienna, but it was a 4th day and didn't replace
the tutorial day.) There were basically four projects that people worked
on, and though I don't know if any of them fully succeeded (some of them
were quite ambitious), it looked they led to a lot of interesting
discussions, and laid groundwork for future work, so I would say the day
was worthwhile. The project I was directly involved with, skinning of
Semantic Forms, had some interesting output that will hopefully be made
public soon. Again, hopefully this is something that can be taken up, in
whole or in part, by future events as well.

-Yaron

Re: EMWCon Spring 2016: wrap-up

Fannon
Thanks for live-streaming and putting the videos online!
This has been done very professionally this EMWCon!

Quite interested to hear about the skinning feature of Semantic Forms, too
:)

Best,
Simon

> Hello,
>
> Last week we had the first-ever Enterprise MediaWiki Conference, in New
> York City, which I was the general chair for. I think the conference was a
> success: we had about 30 attendees, representing some major companies,
> government agencies, and MediaWiki consultants (I believe at least six
> MediaWiki consulting companies were represented there).
>
> You can see all the talks and panels here:
>
> https://livestream.com/internetsociety/emwcon/
>
> Many of you will be happy to know that, despite the name change, this was
> essentially also a Semantic MediaWiki conference. Just about everyone there
> was an SMW user, and SMW was a major topic of discussion. Which somewhat
> confirms my previous hunch, that the "enterprise MediaWiki" and "Semantic
> MediaWiki" communities, if not the same, at least have a high degree of
> overlap.
>
> Nevertheless, I think the name change to "EMWCon" was useful, in that it
> enabled us to have talks about non-SMW-related subjects like the Wikimedia
> Foundation, a potential "MediaWiki Foundation", and lots of non-SMW
> extensions.
>
> This is part of what I see as an overall trend within this community, which
> is greater interest in topics like marketing (both to new organizations and
> within organizations that have already adopted the software) and
> organizational issues (like how to maintain an entire wiki farm within an
> organization), and less interest in pure "Semantic Web" topics like
> ontologies. Certainly that was the case at this conference. For that and
> other reasons, I think it makes sense for all of SMWCon to be renamed to
> EMWCon. However, this is not my decision to make, and I'm sure others have
> opinions on the matter.
>
> One other innovation of this conference was not having a tutorial day, and
> replacing it with a "Create Camp": a day when people split into groups and
> worked on Enterprise MediaWiki-related projects. (There was one Create Camp
> before, at the SMWCon in Vienna, but it was a 4th day and didn't replace
> the tutorial day.) There were basically four projects that people worked
> on, and though I don't know if any of them fully succeeded (some of them
> were quite ambitious), it looked they led to a lot of interesting
> discussions, and laid groundwork for future work, so I would say the day
> was worthwhile. The project I was directly involved with, skinning of
> Semantic Forms, had some interesting output that will hopefully be made
> public soon. Again, hopefully this is something that can be taken up, in
> whole or in part, by future events as well.
>
> -Yaron

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are

eventcalendar only one result per day

david-217
Hi guys;
Surely that I'm missing something, but... Why this query:

{{#ask:[[Categoria:Esdeveniments]] [[Has event start::+]]
|?Has event title=Esdeveniment
|?Has event start
|?Has event end
|format=eventcalendar
|defaultview=basicweek
|start=current
|firstday=Monday
|theme=vector
|limit=
}}

... is giving me a week calendar with only one event per day?

Here:
http://teixidora.referata.com/wiki/Seguim_fils