Editing, login, search, etc

Tony Sidaway
When I started coding against API a few months ago it seemed to be a
lot less complete than it is now.

Sometimes documentation has been added ahead of availability of the function.

Is there a current list of available features?

I am particularly interested in list=search, action=login and (most of
all) editing via the API.

Currently my code is editing via html forms and scraping the result,
which is less than ideal.

Last time I tried API login it returned a cookie which was rejected by
the site when I tried to use it for editing, so I still use the screen
scraping technique for login.

Last time I tried search it didn't work.

Re: Editing, login, search, etc

Bryan Tong Minh

The API entry point on http://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php

> I am particularly interested in list=search, action=login and (most of
> all) editing via the API.

Search doesn't work with the lucene backend that wikimedia uses. Login
works for me.

> Currently my code is editing via html forms and scraping the result,
> which is less than ideal.
>
> Last time I tried API login it returned a cookie which was rejected by
> the site when I tried to use it for editing, so I still use the screen
> scraping technique for login.

I already use it
<http://infra.ts.wikimedia.org/fisheye/browse/bryan/mwclient/trunk/client.py?r=353>.

Bryan

Re: Editing, login, search, etc

rfrisar
Current work on editing is taking place in ApiEdit_Vodafone and apiedit branches.  You can find a functional version of action edit is in Vodafone's branch (http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/branches/ApiEdit_Vodafone/ ), but not yet available in the trunk.  Support for extensions is pending but on-going.

Raquel