Editing stopped working - wants to download index.php - no external editor

Editing stopped working - wants to download index.php - no external editor

Marc MULLER
Hello,

I have an issue with Mediawiki 1.5.x and yes I have read through the forum and
found similar postings but the answers do not apply to my case. I do not have
checked "use external editor".

So since a week or two nobody is able to post anything in our wiki - nor
anonymous user nor logged-in users. The programme always wants to
open/download index.php. Mac-Users often get a white page when saving

The only thing which happened during this time is that our provider updated
his software (Plesk 7.5 ->8, Fedora 3 -> 4 including an php update to 5.04)

Any suggestions?
--
[OCon] Marc Muller

Re: Editing stopped working - wants to download index.php - no external editor

Tels
Moin,

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 12:53, Marc MULLER wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an issue with Mediawiki 1.5.x and yes I have read through the
> forum and found similar postings but the answers do not apply to my
> case. I do not have checked "use external editor".
>
> So since a week or two nobody is able to post anything in our wiki -
> nor anonymous user nor logged-in users. The programme always wants to
> open/download index.php. Mac-Users often get a white page when saving
>
> The only thing which happened during this time is that our provider
> updated his software (Plesk 7.5 ->8, Fedora 3 -> 4 including an php
> update to 5.04)
Very very probably your server no serves "foo.php" as text/html instead of
executing it and sending the result to the user.

This means you servers config or your PHP install is broken. Talk to you
admin to fix it for you, or fix it yourself :)

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Tue May  2 19:07:38 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 Ich bin mit der Gesamtsituation unzufrieden!