Elastic search version

Jeremi Plazas
Hi every one,
Is there a reason why both mediawiki and Wikipedia websites are running
older versions of elastic search? Any compatibility issues anyone knows of
when it comes to the newer versions?
Jeremi Plazas
Assistant Director of Research
Tsadra Research Center, Boulder CO
Tsadra Foundation <http://www.tsadra.org> / [hidden email]

Re: Elastic search version

Fannon
Hello Jeremi,

just recently I've tryed to use a more recent (2.1) version of
Elasticsearch, but I couldn't get it working. I do not recall exactly which
one, but it was the use of an API function that was deprecated since
ElasticSearch 1.2.

I guess they also have no great need/desire to upgrade Elasticsearch often,
since it wouldn't really add new features for them but they would have to
rewrite some of their integration code and extensively test this.

I've noticed one more issue with CirrusSearch Elasticsearch integration. It
concatnates the content of HTML tags to one big sausage of characters (E.g.
additional spaces, otherwise you'll end up with a search that is rather
inefficient/broken.

Best,
Simon

> Hi every one,
> Is there a reason why both mediawiki and Wikipedia websites are running
> older versions of elastic search? Any compatibility issues anyone knows of
> when it comes to the newer versions?
> Thanks,
> --
> Jeremi Plazas
> Assistant Director of Research
> Tsadra Research Center, Boulder CO
> Tsadra Foundation <http://www.tsadra.org> / [hidden email]

image import with semantic properties

m_ART_in
Dear all!

I'm looking for a nice solution to import some hundred images into SMW
(2.3.1) and to add some properties and template calls in one step. I
only found
maintenance/importImages.php[0] from the MediawikiCore which works fine
for images itself without properties

on the other hand Extension:Data_Transfer[0] which works fine for
properties but without image import.

Any suggestions, please?!
Best, Martin

[0]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:ImportImages.php
[1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Data_Transfer

Re: image import with semantic properties

Hermann Schwärzler
Dear Martin,

some time ago I had a similar task: I had about 700 images with
information (title and properties) attached to them in a CSV-file. I
decided to use a php-skript to read that file line by line, parse it,
upload the corresponding image and create a page with all the properties
for that image.

I forked mediawikibot
(https://github.com/hermannschwaerzlerUIBK/mediawikibot - my pull
request is still not answered from the original author) to make the
upload and page-editing part easy.
If the examples in the readme are insufficient I can send you my script...

Greetings
Hermann

On 01/19/2016 11:26 AM, martin wrote:

> Dear all!
>
> I'm looking for a nice solution to import some hundred images into SMW
> (2.3.1) and to add some properties and template calls in one step. I
> only found
> maintenance/importImages.php[0] from the MediawikiCore which works fine
> for images itself without properties
>
> on the other hand Extension:Data_Transfer[0] which works fine for
> properties but without image import.
>
> Any suggestions, please?!
> Best, Martin
>

> [0]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:ImportImages.php
> [1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Data_Transfer

Re: image import with semantic properties

Ad Strack van Schijndel
Hi Martin,

For the cases that the properties are the same for all images the importimages.php works fine. you can add a comment like {{Image | Property1=Value1 | Property2=Value2}}

If the images have different templates/properties/values I think the only way is to first import all images and then import a csv file with the same page names (files). Works fine also.

Ad

> On Jan 19, 2016, at 11:26 AM, martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all!
>
> I'm looking for a nice solution to import some hundred images into SMW
> (2.3.1) and to add some properties and template calls in one step. I
> only found
> maintenance/importImages.php[0] from the MediawikiCore which works fine
> for images itself without properties
>
> on the other hand Extension:Data_Transfer[0] which works fine for
> properties but without image import.
>
> Any suggestions, please?!
> Best, Martin
>

> [0]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:ImportImages.php
> [1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Data_Transfer

Re: image import with semantic properties

Tobias Oetterer
Hey

One small addendum: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:ImportImages.php states to import the file description xml-files (in your case the one containing the semantic annotations) before running ImportImages.php. I was never bold enough to deviate from this, but importing the xml before the images has worked so far for me.

Regards,
Tobias Oetterer

--
If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to respect your time.
http://five.sentenc.es

I think that with a csv import you don't have that issue.