[Election] Notice on duplicate votes

KIZU Naoko
Hello Wikimedians,
Please note that users can vote only once across all Wikimedia wikis,
even if they have the technical ability to use the voting system on
more than one wiki. Multiple votes will be removed by the Election
Officials.

Sincerely,
The Election Officials

To translators: please translate this message and put it to your
Village pump or the equivalent on your wiki. (Village pump is a
general discussion page on the English Wikipedia). You may want to
work at meta:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/quick_translation

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org

Re: [Translators-l] [Election] Notice on duplicate votes

Guillaume Paumier
Hi,

On 9/3/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Wikimedians,
> Please note that users can vote only once across all Wikimedia wikis,
> even if they have the technical ability to use the voting system on
> more than one wiki. Multiple votes will be removed by the Election
> Officials.

It seems some people haven't read the FAQ... :)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Election_FAQ_2006/En#I_have_reached_400_edits_in_several_projects._Can_I_vote_from_each_of_them_.3F

g.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Disciplus Simplex

Re: [Election] Notice on duplicate votes

geni
On 9/3/06, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Wikimedians,
> Please note that users can vote only once across all Wikimedia wikis,
> even if they have the technical ability to use the voting system on
> more than one wiki. Multiple votes will be removed by the Election
> Officials.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Election Officials
>
> To translators: please translate this message and put it to your
> Village pump or the equivalent on your wiki. (Village pump is a
> general discussion page on the English Wikipedia). You may want to
> work at meta:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/quick_translation
>
> --
> Kizu Naoko
>   Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
>   * vivemus, mea Lesbia, amemus *

Are you doing anything about deleted edits?

--
geni

Re: [Election] Notice on duplicate votes

James Forrester-5
geni wrote:
> Are you doing anything about deleted edits?

"Doing anything"? Deleted edits do not count towards a user's edit count
as far as Special:Boardvote cares; note that moves count as edits in
this regard nowadays.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
Wikimedia : [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Re: [Election] Notice on duplicate votes

Ray Saintonge
James D. Forrester wrote:

>geni wrote:
>

>>Are you doing anything about deleted edits?
>>

>"Doing anything"? Deleted edits do not count towards a user's edit count
>as far as Special:Boardvote cares; note that moves count as edits in
>this regard nowadays.

When someone's qualification to vote is so thin that it depends on this
his time would be better spent doing more editing.

Ec

On 9/3/06, Ray Saintonge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When someone's qualification to vote is so thin that it depends on this
> his time would be better spent doing more editing.
>
> Ec

Maybe not. I have an account that has a very large number of deleted
edits (dealing with false fair use claims stuff like that).

--
geni

Re: [Election] Notice on duplicate votes

KIZU Naoko
Sorry, no.

It has been disputable, specially about our beloved developers, the
past discussion however reached the conclusion we Election Officials
would not be appropriate enough evaluate users in heuristic methods.