Election Translation

KIZU Naoko
Hello,
thank you for your help, always.
I am grad to see the Board Election 2007 has been helped by many
translators.  In my opinion, this forthcoming election is really
important - we haven't ever seen three seats replaced. It could cause
a significant change of the Foundation governance, and for us the
community it is a big issue to face such a possibility of big change.

Currently we see 17 candidates. All submitted approx. 1200 character
length statement.

Today, the last day of the candidate accpetance,  almost complete sets
of candidate statements are available in some languages already.
That is, Czech, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Norwegian.
Proofread of those language versions will be welcome.

In some languages, translations are still ongoing: Japanese, Italian,
Portuguese  and Finnish. If you can be capable in those languages,
please help it out.

It is great we have already so many language versions, even before the
acceptance isn't closed. Again thank you for you all, translators!

In those languages, translations just began, and needs your help:
- Russian
- Chinese
- Turkish

And for other languages translation doesn't seem to start. Your help
will be welcome.

Please give a look at [[m:Board elections/2007/Candidates/en]] and
consider to help it out.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/Candidates/en

Also this page will be helpful:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/Translations

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org

Re: Election Translation

Walter Vermeir-2
Aphaia schreef:
[cut]
> Currently we see 17 candidates. All submitted approx. 1200 character
> length statement.

Now 18, + Frieda. And she proves that a very late candidacy does not
have to be a problem to be able to get the edormensments.

> Today, the last day of the candidate accpetance,  almost complete sets
> of candidate statements are available in some languages already.
> That is, Czech, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Norwegian.
> Proofread of those language versions will be welcome.
[cut]

All the work that is done to those translations is nice. But I am unsure
of the are read.

This mainly because you need to select manually the language version and
somehow I have the feeling that nearly all users who go to meta also
understand more or less English.

I think more use of those translation can be done and exposure to the
target language community.

I suggest to send after the closing of the endorsements the translations
as an email to the different language mailing lists.

Because of the many statements it must be done in several editions
otherwise the become to long.

This could be done as a communication under the flag of the Election
Committee.

For who likes ASCII-art, (like me);

 ______ _           _    _____
|  ____| |         | |  / ____|
| |____| |  __/ (__| |_| |___| (_) | | | | | |
|______|_|\___|\___|\__|\_____\___/|_| |_| |_|

http://www.network-science.de/ascii/

--
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
Wikizine.org - news for and about the Wikimedia community

Re: Election Translation

Walter Vermeir-2
Walter Vermeir schreef:
> I suggest to send after the closing of the endorsements the translations
> as an email to the different language mailing lists.

Nobody is intrested? What a waste of the work that is done ...