Executive director

Mike R-2
Many are aware of the rumors circulating about WMF's alleged hiring of
an ED. Jimmy Wales has recently denied that claim on his en.wp talk
page. However, GerardM, who, as I understand, is a respected,
long-time Wikimedian, stated in a blog comment, "Everyone who was at
the Amsterdam (public) meeting met the new AD and the new resident
legal eagle." Is this true? Or was that someone impersonating Gerard
M?

(I assume "AD" is a typo for "ED")

Thanks,
Mike R

Re: Executive director

Erik Moeller-4
Please ignore rumors in blogs. When and if the Wikimedia Foundation
makes a decision to hire anyone for anything, it will be publicly
announced.

On 6/27/07, Mike R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many are aware of the rumors circulating about WMF's alleged hiring of
> an ED. Jimmy Wales has recently denied that claim on his en.wp talk
> page. However, GerardM, who, as I understand, is a respected,
> long-time Wikimedian, stated in a blog comment, "Everyone who was at
> the Amsterdam (public) meeting met the new AD and the new resident
> legal eagle." Is this true? Or was that someone impersonating Gerard
> M?
>
> (I assume "AD" is a typo for "ED")
>
> Thanks,
> Mike R

Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik

Re: Executive director

Mike R-2
> Please ignore rumors in blogs. When and if the Wikimedia Foundation
> makes a decision to hire anyone for anything, it will be publicly
> announced.

I realize that. I was specifcially asking about the public meeting in Amsterdam.

Thanks,
Mike R.

Re: Executive director

Hay (Husky)
I was at the Amsterdam meeting and i was told they were candidates for
the position, not already hired.

-- Hay / Husky

On 6/27/07, Mike R <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/27/07, Erik Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Please ignore rumors in blogs. When and if the Wikimedia Foundation
> > makes a decision to hire anyone for anything, it will be publicly
> > announced.
> >

> I realize that. I was specifcially asking about the public meeting in Amsterdam.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike R.

Re: Executive director

Anthony-73
On 6/27/07, Husky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was at the Amsterdam meeting and i was told they were candidates for
> the position, not already hired.

Who were the candidates?