Expert board members - a suggestion

Re: Expert board members - a suggestion

metasj
Looks like a Nov spike, but such a steady rise in year to year traffic
that the next Jan is already higher... was that similar last year?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Domas Mituzas <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Cool; what's the best way to observe the high water mark, and how the
>> systems are holding up?
>
> it isn't 2007 or 2006 ;-)
>
> http://wiki.wikked.net/wiki/Wikimedia_statistics/Yearly
>
> Domas

Re: Expert board members - a suggestion

Domas Mituzas

On Sep 16, 2009, at 6:23 PM, Samuel Klein wrote:

> Looks like a Nov spike, but such a steady rise in year to year traffic
> that the next Jan is already higher... was that similar last year?

yes, no, perhaps. always treat those graphs with grain of salt, it
could be simply additional objects be added, more content, more
images, etc (and the spike this summer was software bug)

Domas

Re: Expert board members - a suggestion

Ray Saintonge
Samuel Klein wrote:
> Why are we revisiting something from 2007-08 financial planning two
> years after it happened and 15 months after the final report?

Planning with 20/20 hindsight is always soooo much more accurate? ;-)

Ec

2009/9/15 Domas Mituzas <[hidden email]>:

> This is entirely off-topic, and could be continued in wikitech-l, if
> you're really eager to tell how you modify compressed files "in
> place". ;-)

You can decode bzipped files an arbitrary block at a time (which makes
reader apps surprisingly viable on devices with only a few gig of
flash). Modifying them ... that's a bit like fun!

- d.