Export to CSV

Phil Legault
I have a form using sub-objects and have not been able to export the fields combined with the subject fields using ASK queries. We are using SPARQL  as well and my question is.
How can I create an export to csv using SPARQL?

Phil Legault
Lead Analyst, Architecture
Johnson & Johnson ITS

Re: Export to CSV

planetenxin
Hi Phil,

you can use the ASK API, return results as JSON, transform and save as
Excel with an ETL tool, e.g. Pentaho Kettle.

Best regards,
Alexander Gesinn

Am 19.12.2013 12:14, schrieb Legault, Phillip [ITSUS]:
> I have a form using sub-objects and have not been able to export the fields combined with the subject fields using ASK queries. We are using SPARQL  as well and my question is.
> How can I create an export to csv using SPARQL?
>

> Phil Legault
> Lead Analyst, Architecture
> Johnson&  Johnson ITS

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com

Re: Export to CSV

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

Alexander - I think you might have misunderstood the question; he hasn't
been able to use #ask.

Phil - before getting into SPARQL, there's probably an easy way for you to
be able to query those subobjects directly. In your #subobject calls, you
should include a property pointing back to the page it's on - like "|Has
company={{PAGENAME}}". (Or something appropriate for your case.) The new
property should be of type "Page".

Then, the queries could look like:

{{#ask:[[Has company::+]]|mainlabel=-|?Has company|?other property|?other
property| ... }}

-Yaron

-Yaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM, planetenxin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> you can use the ASK API, return results as JSON, transform and save as
> Excel with an ETL tool, e.g. Pentaho Kettle.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Gesinn
>
> Am 19.12.2013 12:14, schrieb Legault, Phillip [ITSUS]:
> > I have a form using sub-objects and have not been able to export the
> fields combined with the subject fields using ASK queries. We are using
> SPARQL  as well and my question is.
> > How can I create an export to csv using SPARQL?
> >

> > Phil Legault
> > Lead Analyst, Architecture
> > Johnson&  Johnson ITS

> semantic::apps by gesinn.it
> Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
> http://semantic-apps.com

Re: Export to CSV

Phil Legault
Here is what I currently have that needs to be combined
1:

{{#ask:[[Category:Technology]]
|?Has Name=Technology Name
|?Category
|mainlabel=-
|limit=5000
}}

And this is the second query
2:
{{#ask:[[-Has subobject::+]]
|?Has Name=Technology Name
|?Has Version=Version
|?Has_Support_Status=Support Status
|?Has_Start_Date=Start Date
|?Has_End_Date=End Date
|format=csv
|sort=Technology_Name
|mainlabel=-
|limit=5000
}}

Alexander - I think you might have misunderstood the question; he hasn't been able to use #ask.

Phil - before getting into SPARQL, there's probably an easy way for you to be able to query those subobjects directly. In your #subobject calls, you should include a property pointing back to the page it's on - like "|Has company={{PAGENAME}}". (Or something appropriate for your case.) The new property should be of type "Page".

Then, the queries could look like:

{{#ask:[[Has company::+]]|mainlabel=-|?Has company|?other property|?other
property| ... }}

-Yaron

-Yaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM, planetenxin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> you can use the ASK API, return results as JSON, transform and save as
> Excel with an ETL tool, e.g. Pentaho Kettle.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Gesinn
>
> Am 19.12.2013 12:14, schrieb Legault, Phillip [ITSUS]:
> > I have a form using sub-objects and have not been able to export the
> fields combined with the subject fields using ASK queries. We are
> using SPARQL  as well and my question is.
> > How can I create an export to csv using SPARQL?
> >

> > Phil Legault
> > Lead Analyst, Architecture
> > Johnson&  Johnson ITS

> semantic::apps by gesinn.it
> Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
> http://semantic-apps.com

WikiWorks * MediaWiki Consulting * http://wikiworks.com
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!

Re: Export to CSV

Phil Legault
Oh I forgot to mention that we had to implement SPARQL for our 4store database

Here is what I currently have that needs to be combined
1:

{{#ask:[[Category:Technology]]
|?Has Name=Technology Name
|?Category
|mainlabel=-
|limit=5000
}}

And this is the second query
2:
{{#ask:[[-Has subobject::+]]
|?Has Name=Technology Name
|?Has Version=Version
|?Has_Support_Status=Support Status
|?Has_Start_Date=Start Date
|?Has_End_Date=End Date
|format=csv
|sort=Technology_Name
|mainlabel=-
|limit=5000
}}

Alexander - I think you might have misunderstood the question; he hasn't been able to use #ask.

Phil - before getting into SPARQL, there's probably an easy way for you to be able to query those subobjects directly. In your #subobject calls, you should include a property pointing back to the page it's on - like "|Has company={{PAGENAME}}". (Or something appropriate for your case.) The new property should be of type "Page".

Then, the queries could look like:

{{#ask:[[Has company::+]]|mainlabel=-|?Has company|?other property|?other
property| ... }}

-Yaron

-Yaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM, planetenxin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> you can use the ASK API, return results as JSON, transform and save as
> Excel with an ETL tool, e.g. Pentaho Kettle.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Gesinn
>
> Am 19.12.2013 12:14, schrieb Legault, Phillip [ITSUS]:
> > I have a form using sub-objects and have not been able to export the
> fields combined with the subject fields using ASK queries. We are
> using SPARQL  as well and my question is.
> > How can I create an export to csv using SPARQL?
> >

> > Phil Legault
> > Lead Analyst, Architecture
> > Johnson&  Johnson ITS

> semantic::apps by gesinn.it
> Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
> http://semantic-apps.com

WikiWorks * MediaWiki Consulting * http://wikiworks.com
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!

Re: Export to CSV

Yaron Koren-2

What do you mean by "combined"? Do the two separate queries work by
themselves?

If the second query isn't working, try removing the "sort=Technology_Name"
line - "sort" has the unfortunate effect of removing all rows where that
property is not set.

-Yaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Legault, Phillip [ITSUS] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is what I currently have that needs to be combined
> 1:
>
> {{#ask:[[Category:Technology]]
> |?Has Name=Technology Name
> |?Category
> |mainlabel=-
> |limit=5000
> }}
>

> And this is the second query
> 2:
> {{#ask:[[-Has subobject::+]]
> |?Has Name=Technology Name
> |?Has Version=Version
> |?Has_Support_Status=Support Status
> |?Has_Start_Date=Start Date
> |?Has_End_Date=End Date
> |format=csv
> |sort=Technology_Name
> |mainlabel=-
> |limit=5000
> }}

Yes they do
one is on the subobject and the other is on the page

the subobject one no longer works after we added the 4store database

Phil Legault
Lead Analyst, Architecture
Johnson & Johnson ITS

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Legault, Phillip [ITSUS] <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Here is what I currently have that needs to be combined
1:

{{#ask:[[Category:Technology]]
|?Has Name=Technology Name
|?Category
|mainlabel=-
|limit=5000
}}

And this is the second query
2:
{{#ask:[[-Has subobject::+]]
|?Has Name=Technology Name
|?Has Version=Version
|?Has_Support_Status=Support Status
|?Has_Start_Date=Start Date
|?Has_End_Date=End Date
|format=csv
|sort=Technology_Name
|mainlabel=-
|limit=5000
}}

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:30 AM, planetenxin <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> you can use the ASK API, return results as JSON, transform and save as
> Excel with an ETL tool, e.g. Pentaho Kettle.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Gesinn
>
> Am 19.12.2013 12:14, schrieb Legault, Phillip [ITSUS]:
> > I have a form using sub-objects and have not been able to export the
> fields combined with the subject fields using ASK queries. We are
> using SPARQL  as well and my question is.
> > How can I create an export to csv using SPARQL?
> >

> > Phil Legault
> > Lead Analyst, Architecture
> > Johnson&  Johnson ITS

> semantic::apps by gesinn.it<http://gesinn.it>
> Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
> http://semantic-apps.com

> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

WikiWorks * MediaWiki Consulting * http://wikiworks.com
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!

WikiWorks * MediaWiki Consulting * http://wikiworks.com

Re: Export to CSV

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

Oh, sorry, I forgot about the bug in SMW where subobjects aren't stored to
a triplestore.

There was actually a patch to fix this problem, or at least related
problems, submitted a few months ago:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/70047/

I'm cc'ing Doug Beeson, the author of the patch - maybe he has some more
information or thoughts about this whole thing.

-Yaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Legault, Phillip [ITSUS] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Yes they do
>
> one is on the subobject and the other is on the page
>

> the subobject one no longer works after we added the 4store database
>

> Phil Legault
>
> Lead Analyst, Architecture
>
> Johnson & Johnson ITS

Hi Doug do you happen have an update on the sparql bug for 1.9.1.1?

What do you mean by "combined"? Do the two separate queries work by themselves?

If the second query isn't working, try removing the "sort=Technology_Name" line - "sort" has the unfortunate effect of removing all rows where that property is not set.

-Yaron

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Legault, Phillip [ITSUS] <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Here is what I currently have that needs to be combined
1:

{{#ask:[[Category:Technology]]
|?Has Name=Technology Name
|?Category