External Login Session Handle

Young Joon Kim
Hello guys,

I did some research and I am still having trouble with login via Oracle.
So I came up with different solution.

I just set up a seperate login page and let the user login from there.

This login page is checking user info against Oracle DB.
If user information exsists in Oracle, then it will proceed to Wiki.

Now, how can I integrate user session/cookie with Wiki?
Where should I look into?
Can anyone give me any suggestion?

Thank  you for your time and help.

Young J. Kim

Re: External Login Session Handle

Chris Earle (CBL)
Hi all,

I am also thinking of doing something along these lines -- a frontpage/front
end to the wiki login.
I have seen the various help files/meta entries on Authentication by LDAP,
Remote Webserver, and Apache, but I'm not clear that these are what I
actually want to do (nor do they appear that easy to implement.)

All I want to do is pass the login details through session cookies to my
wiki system.  Can I just post the login details to the Userlogin script?

Direction appreciated,

Chris Earle

Re: Re: External Login Session Handle

Young Joon Kim
Hi,
If  you find some solution to this, can you please let me know?
I am still looking and I will do the samething.
Let's help each other.  =)

Good luck to you.

--- Young

On 1/24/06, Chris Earle (CBL) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am also thinking of doing something along these lines -- a
> frontpage/front
> end to the wiki login.
> I have seen the various help files/meta entries on Authentication by LDAP,
> Remote Webserver, and Apache, but I'm not clear that these are what I
> actually want to do (nor do they appear that easy to implement.)
>
> All I want to do is pass the login details through session cookies to my
> wiki system.  Can I just post the login details to the Userlogin script?
>
> Direction appreciated,
>

> Chris Earle

Hey,
did you find any find any solution to this?
I have been trying to figure this out for last two days and still in the
trap.
Any luck for you?

--- Young

On 1/25/06, Young Joon Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> If  you find some solution to this, can you please let me know?
> I am still looking and I will do the samething.
> Let's help each other.  =)
>
> Good luck to you.
>
> --- Young
>

> On 1/24/06, Chris Earle (CBL) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am also thinking of doing something along these lines -- a
> > frontpage/front
> > end to the wiki login.
> > I have seen the various help files/meta entries on Authentication by
> > LDAP,
> > Remote Webserver, and Apache, but I'm not clear that these are what I
> > actually want to do (nor do they appear that easy to implement.)
> >
> > All I want to do is pass the login details through session cookies to my
> > wiki system.  Can I just post the login details to the Userlogin script?
> >
> > Direction appreciated,
> >

> > Chris Earle

Am working on it -- will let you know if I make any progress :-)

Regards,

Chris

      I did some research and I am still having trouble with login via Oracle.
      So I came up with different solution.

      I just set up a seperate login page and let the user login from there.

      This login page is checking user info against Oracle DB.
      If user information exsists in Oracle, then it will proceed to Wiki.

      Now, how can I integrate user session/cookie with Wiki?
      Where should I look into?
      Can anyone give me any suggestion?

      Thank  you for your time and help.

      Young J. Kim

    Young J. Kim

  Young J. Kim
  dangerous content and is believed to be clean.