Extract List from Series data

bobby terreins
Hi,

I'm trying to create a tool which runs on top of your API and provides the user with selective data. I've got most of te part figured out but i'm running into one typical problem where TV series are involved. I cannot extract the list of episodes from each season of any series, for e.g The mentalist

I'm unable to isolate any of the data. Any ideas on how can i extract just the Episode number, Title and AirDate.

Thanks and regards,
Bob Terreins

Re: Extract List from Series data

Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:32 AM, bobby terreins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to create a tool which runs on top of your API and provides the
> user with selective data. I've got most of te part figured out but i'm
> running into one typical problem where TV series are involved. I cannot
> extract the list of episodes from each season of any series, for e.g The
> mentalist
> The url is : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Mentalist_episodes
> The API url i tried to work with :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=parse&page=List_of_The_Mentalist_episodes&format=json&redirects&prop=text
>
> I'm unable to isolate any of the data. Any ideas on how can i extract just
> the Episode number, Title and AirDate.

You will have to parse the wikitext yourself, or parse the HTML
returned by the query you posted aboved. The API does not handle this
sort of thing.