FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Sumana Harihareswara-2
https://lwn.net/Articles/502488/

FOSS.in will take place from November 29th to December 1st at the
NIMHANS Convention Center in Bangalore.

I would love for the Indian Wikimedia technical community to propose
talks and tutorials and miniconferences!  The CfP mentions specifically
wanting talks about "Education solutions for the 21st century" as well
as web development, mobile, privacy, and other topics.

http://foss.in/cfp

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
So FOSS.IN is back I see. We were supposed to have had a slot back in
2009, but nothing happened of it. It would be great if something
materialises this year.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Sudhanwa Jogalekar
If we can do some plans for talks/technical seminars/hands on etc, I can talk to my organiser friends there.

-Sudhanwa

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
So FOSS.IN is back I see. We were supposed to have had a slot back in
2009, but nothing happened of it. It would be great if something
materialises this year.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Arun Ganesh

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
If we can do some plans for talks/technical seminars/hands on etc, I can talk to my organiser friends there.

-Sudhanwa

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
So FOSS.IN is back I see. We were supposed to have had a slot back in
2009, but nothing happened of it. It would be great if something
materialises this year.

Was the last one in 2009? I remember the previous foss.in had a wikipedia stall with wiki readers to play around with. There most definitely would be a stall again this time too.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

j.mp/ArunGanesh

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Ashwin Baindur
No, the last one was in 2010 & in 2009 I attended as the sole
Wikipedian - besides me, Jackerhack was there hacking scripts in
python, but no one else. Oh yes, ther was an Open Street Map
presentation too!

http://thebutterflydiaries.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/making-out-at-fossdotin/

Ashwin

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Arun Ganesh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If we can do some plans for talks/technical seminars/hands on etc, I can
>> talk to my organiser friends there.
>>
>> -Sudhanwa
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> So FOSS.IN is back I see. We were supposed to have had a slot back in
>>> 2009, but nothing happened of it. It would be great if something
>>> materialises this year.
>

> Was the last one in 2009? I remember the previous foss.in had a wikipedia
> stall with wiki readers to play around with. There most definitely would be
> a stall again this time too.
>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

>> --
>>
>> ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
>> web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
>> Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

> j.mp/ArunGanesh

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Arjuna Rao Chavala-2
Hi,

In 2010, Wikimedia Foundation organised few sessons. I, Anirudh and few others helped manage the stall.

Regards
Arjuna

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Ashwin Baindur <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, the last one was in 2010 & in 2009 I attended as the sole
Wikipedian - besides me, Jackerhack was there hacking scripts in
python, but no one else. Oh yes, ther was an Open Street Map
presentation too!

http://thebutterflydiaries.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/making-out-at-fossdotin/

Ashwin

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Arun Ganesh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If we can do some plans for talks/technical seminars/hands on etc, I can
>> talk to my organiser friends there.
>>
>> -Sudhanwa
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> So FOSS.IN is back I see. We were supposed to have had a slot back in
>>> 2009, but nothing happened of it. It would be great if something
>>> materialises this year.
>

> Was the last one in 2009? I remember the previous foss.in had a wikipedia
> stall with wiki readers to play around with. There most definitely would be
> a stall again this time too.
>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

>> --
>>
>> ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
>> web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
>> Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

> j.mp/ArunGanesh

Warm regards,

Ashwin Baindur

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Sudhanwa Jogalekar

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Arun Ganesh <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <[hidden email]> wrote:
If we can do some plans for talks/technical seminars/hands on etc, I can talk to my organiser friends there.

-Sudhanwa

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
So FOSS.IN is back I see. We were supposed to have had a slot back in
2009, but nothing happened of it. It would be great if something
materialises this year.

Was the last one in 2009? I remember the previous foss.in had a wikipedia stall with wiki readers to play around with. There most definitely would be a stall again this time too.

IIRC, that was 2010 and not 2009. Danese and Eric were having those wiki readers and the response to those readers was excellent. Not seen any further activity in that area. Mostly everything on technical side is moving towards mobile/tablet handset devices.

And some T shirts were printed in Pune and sent to FOSS.IN :-)

-Sudhanwa

--

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
It was indeed 2010. We were assured stalls in 2009, but I don't think
anything took place.

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Gautam John
Is anyone planning a submission? A stall? Will we have a presence at FOSS.IN?

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam
________
http://blog.prathambooks.org/p/social-media.html

Re: FOSS.in - call for proposals open till 8 July

Srikanth Lakshmanan
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Gautam John <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is anyone planning a submission? A stall? Will we have a presence at FOSS.IN?

Yuvipanda has made a submission(and waiting for CfP confirmation) on Mediawiki API and we might use the hackerspace as well if his talk gets accepted. Shall keep the list posted. I am not sure if anyone is planning on a generic Wikipedia stall @ FOSS.IN

--
Regards
Srikanth.L