[FR07] Translation of sitenotice

Sabine Cretella
Hi, we need the translations for the texts of the sitenotice. There are
already some translations in place - all languages of all projects
should be covered. I am posting this also here - so eventually it could
happen that you get the message twice.

Please go to this page
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice

and just add your language.

Thank you!

Sabine

--
p.s. The fundraiser of the Wikimedia Foundation will start soon ... stay tuned :-)
Knowledge is a human right. Help to protect it. Donate for Wikipedia.

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - IMPORTANT!!!

Sabine Cretella
Please do not start translation right now - we will have to use
different pages - I will send you the link soon.

Cheers, Sabine

--
p.s. The fundraiser of the Wikimedia Foundation will start soon ... stay tuned :-)
Knowledge is a human right. Help to protect it. Donate for Wikipedia.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - IMPORTANT!!!

Siebrand Mazeland
Darn. Already at it ;)

--
p.s. The fundraiser of the Wikimedia Foundation will start soon ... stay
tuned :-) Knowledge is a human right. Help to protect it. Donate for
Wikipedia.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Sabine Cretella
So the following are the pages to be translated:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_ideal_Wikipedian_-_translation
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_Wikipedia_challenge_-_translation
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/SOS_Children%27s_village_-_translation

please write the translated text on the related subpage - see language
code used for the various wikipedias.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers, Sabine

-----

> Please do not start translation right now - we will have to use different
> pages - I will send you the link soon.
>
> Cheers, Sabine
>
> Sabine Cretella schrieb:
>
>> Hi, we need the translations for the texts of the sitenotice. There
>> are already some translations in place - all languages of all projects
>> should be covered. I am posting this also here - so eventually it
>> could happen that you get the message twice.
>>
>> Please go to this page
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice
>>
>> and just add your language.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Sabine

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Maria Fanucchi
OK, I'll do the French translations (I'm posting this message here so hopefully no other fr-speaker will do the work at the same time).
--Maria
User:Arria Belli

On 10/4/07, Sabine Cretella <[hidden email]> wrote:
So the following are the pages to be translated:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_ideal_Wikipedian_-_translation
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_Wikipedia_challenge_-_translation
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/SOS_Children%27s_village_-_translation

please write the translated text on the related subpage - see language
code used for the various wikipedias.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers, Sabine

-----

> Please do not start translation right now - we will have to use different
> pages - I will send you the link soon.
>
> Cheers, Sabine
>
> Sabine Cretella schrieb:
>
>> Hi, we need the translations for the texts of the sitenotice. There
>> are already some translations in place - all languages of all projects
>> should be covered. I am posting this also here - so eventually it
>> could happen that you get the message twice.
>>
>> Please go to this page
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice
>>
>> and just add your language.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Sabine

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Mohamed Ibrahim
I hope you don't mind the changes :)
I'm changing the pages into open request for translation using {{request for translation|open}}
this is easier than adding links manually and will be easier to track afterwards
Thank you

- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"
- Support Wikimania '08 Alex bid: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2008/Bids/Alexandria

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Maria Fanucchi
OK, all three pages have been translated into French, quick n' dirty. Please don't hesitate to "y aller à la hache". ;-)
--Maria
User:Arria Belli

--
- Arabic Wikipedia: <a href="http://ar.wikipedia.org/" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://ar.wikipedia.org/   "Share your knowledge"
- Support Wikimania '08 Alex bid: <a href="http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2008/Bids/Alexandria" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2008/Bids/Alexandria

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Any File
On 10/4/07, Sabine Cretella <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So the following are the pages to be translated:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_ideal_Wikipedian_-_translation
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_Wikipedia_challenge_-_translation
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/SOS_Children%27s_village_-_translation
>
> please write the translated text on the related subpage - see language
> code used for the various wikipedias.

I can not understand where to do the translation.
Would it be better to put them under [[Translations]]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translations
and use the usual scheme adopted for the translation?

AnyFile

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Sabine Cretella

> I can not understand where to do the translation.
> Would it be better to put them under [[Translations]]
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translations
> and use the usual scheme adopted for the translation?
>
> AnyFile

For which language do you want to do the translation? I'll give you the
direct link.

Cheers, Sabine

--
p.s. The fundraiser of the Wikimedia Foundation will start soon ... stay tuned :-)
Knowledge is a human right. Help to protect it. Donate for Wikipedia.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

KIZU Naoko
On 10/5/07, Mido <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I hope you don't mind the changes :)
> I'm changing the pages into open request for translation using {{request for
> translation|open}}
> this is easier than adding links manually and will be easier to track
> afterwards

Thank you for your attempt, but it doesn't look like working. The
current list is as the below:
===
Requests in priority
    * 23 August 2007: Translation requests/Guidelines for future chapters
    * 21 August 2007: Translation requests/Requirements for future chapters
    * 22 July 2007: Translation requests/WMF/About Wikimedia
    * 22 July 2007: Translation requests/WMF/Board of Trustees

Other requests from Transcom
    * 4 October 2007: Fundraising 2007/web buttons
    * 6 September 2007: Translation requests/WMF/Trademarks
===

Could you please try to take looks to them again? Just now I'm stuck
with other concerns ...

As for priority, I suggest to reduce the chapter related one as
interim remedy, and set the highest priorities to fundraising related
materials. Web buttons could be staying in its current place, but the
sitenotice should be in the highest, I guess, since it will be used on
our website and will affect the fundraising directly. To set the
highest priority, put the request into a category
"Category:Translation requests in priority". To reduce, just remove or
comment it out.

For many of translators, Zocky's (= "the scheme" Mido and Anyfile
mentioned), it will be easier than the proposed scheme, suppose, but
Sabine seems to have a different idea. :) Unless there will be a lot
of confusion, I'd like her to try the way she thinks the best: she is
responsible for it as the paid staff and an experienced translator in
profession. Although I am not sure if she minds other volunteers
attune the platform to the "usual" ones.

> Thank you
>

> On 10/4/07, Maria Fanucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > OK, I'll do the French translations (I'm posting this message here so
> hopefully no other fr-speaker will do the work at the same time).
> > --Maria
> > User:Arria Belli
> >

> > On 10/4/07, Sabine Cretella <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > So the following are the pages to be translated:
> > >

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_ideal_Wikipedian_-_translation
> > >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/The_Wikipedia_challenge_-_translation
> > >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/SOS_Children%27s_village_-_translation
> > >
> > > please write the translated text on the related subpage - see language
> > > code used for the various wikipedias.
> > >
> > > If there are any questions, please let me know.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your patience!
> > >
> > > Cheers, Sabine
> > >
> > > -----
> different

> projects

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice

> - Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"
> - Support Wikimania '08 Alex bid:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2008/Bids/Alexandria

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Mohamed Ibrahim
it worked well:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fundraising_2007/Testimonials/SOS_Children%27s_village_-_translation&oldid=698190 >
but Sabine reverted it afterwards.
and like you said Aphaia, she's resposible for this and told me on talk page that she has non-wmf translators to do the work (or I understood so :) )
< http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mido#Translations_for_fundraiser>
I don't want to mess anything up if she got some other plans.
but don't hesitate to ask for any help you wish, Sabine.
I'll work on the Arabic translation anyway, but if you need any tweaking or something with the page, just say it here
as for the other things you mentioned Aphaia, I'll try to look at them now.

On 10/5/07, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > > code used for the various wikipedias.
> > >
> > > If there are any questions, please let me know.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your patience!
> > >
> > > Cheers, Sabine
> > >
> > > -----

> different

> projects

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice

> - Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"
> - Support Wikimania '08 Alex bid:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2008/Bids/Alexandria

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *

- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"
- Support Wikimania '08 Alex bid: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2008/Bids/Alexandria

Re: [FR07] Translation of sitenotice - ok so here are the links ...

Massimiliano Lincetto
Alle 21:53, venerdì 5 ottobre 2007, Sabine Cretella ha scritto:
> For which language do you want to do the translation? I'll give you the
> direct link.

I think I can answer for him: italian.

Cheers, Massimiliano

Massimiliano Lincetto schrieb:

> Alle 21:53, venerdì 5 ottobre 2007, Sabine Cretella ha scritto:
>
>> For which language do you want to do the translation? I'll give you the
>> direct link.
>>

> I think I can answer for him: italian.
>
> Cheers, Massimiliano

ok, grazie Massimiliano - giusto, avevo dimenticato che Anyfile è
italiano (scusa Anyfile... talvolta c'è troppa gente in giro e inizio a
incasinarmi con i nomi degli utenti in particolare quando sono nomi di
fantasia)

gli scrivo in privato quindi.

buon fine settimana!

ciao, sabine