{{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

{{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

Ralf Hagenbuck
I found a Problem that comes up when using something like the following in a semantic-template based page.

{{#forminput:form=Dokument
|size= 50
|default value=Datei:Angeb-{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|&|und}}-.pdf
|button text= Datei anhängen / bearbeiten
|autocomplete on category= Dokument
|Dokument[Dokumenttyp]=Angeb
|Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]={{FULLPAGENAME}}
|Dokument[Geschäftspartner]={{{Geschäftspartner|}}}
|AKS[1][UstNr]={{{UstNr}}}
|AKS[1][Typkennzeichen]={{{Typkennzeichen}}}
|AKS[1][Typnummer]={{{Typnummer}}}
}}

This is mainly to create a File:Page that is stongly bundeled to the page itself and should get some metadata values from it.

As you can see in the |default value line I replace & (wich is &) by "und" because otherwise the name would be cut at the place where the PAGENAME contains the &. This is a workaround that I found thinking it would work but there are more issues.  Most pagenames do not contain "&" but some do and you can't really prevent users from creating pages that contain "&" in its names or use other special-characters within #forminput.  I  think that perhaps other special-characters create this behaviour also.

In line |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]= I use {{FULLPAGENAME}} to create some backwards relation to the page. On the created form-edit-page this field should contain the full pagename of the page where the forminput-element started. But even here the  pagename got cut at the &-character. Furthermore the all following field got not filled in and retain empty in the form-edit-page.

I think that special-characters break the #forminput parser function. I tried without {{FULLPAGENAME}} . Something like

|Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]=Test mit Sonder&zeichen

and that breaks also.

What to do ? Any ideas are welcome?

Re: {{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

What version of Page Forms (or Semantic Forms) are you using? There have
been some fixes to the extension to try to get ampersands in page names
(and in template and field names) to always work correctly, though not in
the last six months or so - but if you're using a version from before that,
it may be worth upgrading.

-Yaron

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found a Problem that comes up when using something like the following in
> a semantic-template based page.
>
> {{#forminput:form=Dokument
> |size= 50
> |default value=Datei:Angeb-{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|&#38;|und}}-.pdf
> |button text= Datei anhängen / bearbeiten
> |autocomplete on category= Dokument
> |Dokument[Dokumenttyp]=Angeb
> |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]={{FULLPAGENAME}}
> |Dokument[Geschäftspartner]={{{Geschäftspartner|}}}
> |AKS[1][UstNr]={{{UstNr}}}
> |AKS[1][Typkennzeichen]={{{Typkennzeichen}}}
> |AKS[1][Typnummer]={{{Typnummer}}}
> }}
>
> This is mainly to create a File:Page that is stongly bundeled to the page
> itself and should get some metadata values from it.
>
> As you can see in the |default value line I replace &#38; (wich is &) by
> "und" because otherwise the name would be cut at the place where the
> PAGENAME contains the &. This is a workaround that I found thinking it
> would work but there are more issues.  Most pagenames do not contain "&"
> but some do and you can't really prevent users from creating pages that
> contain "&" in its names or use other special-characters within
> #forminput.  I  think that perhaps other special-characters create this
> behaviour also.
>
> In line |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]= I use {{FULLPAGENAME}}
> to create some backwards relation to the page. On the created
> form-edit-page this field should contain the full pagename of the page
> where the forminput-element started. But even here the  pagename got cut at
> the &-character. Furthermore the all following field got not filled in and
> retain empty in the form-edit-page.
>
> I think that special-characters break the #forminput parser function. I
> tried without {{FULLPAGENAME}} . Something like
>

> |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]=Test mit Sonder&zeichen
>
> and that breaks also.
>
> What to do ? Any ideas are welcome?

Re: {{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

Ralf Hagenbuck

I think its not to old, I updated some weeks ago. But I see there is already something newer - 4.1. I have

Page Forms 4.0.2

I'l trie 4.1

> What version of Page Forms (or Semantic Forms) are you using? There have
> been some fixes to the extension to try to get ampersands in page names
> (and in template and field names) to always work correctly, though not in
> the last six months or so - but if you're using a version from before that,
> it may be worth upgrading.
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I found a Problem that comes up when using something like the following
> in
> > a semantic-template based page.
> >
> > {{#forminput:form=Dokument
> > |size= 50
> > |default value=Datei:Angeb-{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|&#38;|und}}-.pdf
> > |button text= Datei anhängen / bearbeiten
> > |autocomplete on category= Dokument
> > |Dokument[Dokumenttyp]=Angeb
> > |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]={{FULLPAGENAME}}
> > |Dokument[Geschäftspartner]={{{Geschäftspartner|}}}
> > |AKS[1][UstNr]={{{UstNr}}}
> > |AKS[1][Typkennzeichen]={{{Typkennzeichen}}}
> > |AKS[1][Typnummer]={{{Typnummer}}}
> > }}
> >
> > This is mainly to create a File:Page that is stongly bundeled to the page
> > itself and should get some metadata values from it.
> >
> > As you can see in the |default value line I replace &#38; (wich is &) by
> > "und" because otherwise the name would be cut at the place where the
> > PAGENAME contains the &. This is a workaround that I found thinking it
> > would work but there are more issues.  Most pagenames do not contain "&"
> > but some do and you can't really prevent users from creating pages that
> > contain "&" in its names or use other special-characters within
> > #forminput.  I  think that perhaps other special-characters create this
> > behaviour also.
> >
> > In line |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]= I use {{FULLPAGENAME}}
> > to create some backwards relation to the page. On the created
> > form-edit-page this field should contain the full pagename of the page
> > where the forminput-element started. But even here the  pagename got cut
> at
> > the &-character. Furthermore the all following field got not filled in
> and
> > retain empty in the form-edit-page.
> >
> > I think that special-characters break the #forminput parser function. I
> > tried without {{FULLPAGENAME}} . Something like
> >

> > |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]=Test mit Sonder&zeichen
> >
> > and that breaks also.
> >
> > What to do ? Any ideas are welcome?

Re: {{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

Tobias Oetterer-2
Just for curiosity's sake: have you tried wrapping the {{FULLPAGENAME}} in a {{urlencode:string}}? So does maybe {{urlencode: {{FULLPAGENAME}}}} work?

Regards,
Tobias

--
If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to respect your time.
http://five.sentenc.es

University of Paderborn
Zentrum IMT
Warburger Straße 100
33098 Paderborn

Office: N5.338
Phone: 05251/60-2194
I think its not to old, I updated some weeks ago. But I see there is already something newer - 4.1. I have

Page Forms 4.0.2

I'l trie 4.1

> What version of Page Forms (or Semantic Forms) are you using? There
> have been some fixes to the extension to try to get ampersands in page
> names (and in template and field names) to always work correctly,
> though not in the last six months or so - but if you're using a
> version from before that, it may be worth upgrading.
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I found a Problem that comes up when using something like the
> > following
> in
> > a semantic-template based page.
> >
> > {{#forminput:form=Dokument
> > |size= 50
> > |default value=Datei:Angeb-{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|&#38;|und}}-.pdf
> > |button text= Datei anhängen / bearbeiten autocomplete on category=
> > |Dokument Dokument[Dokumenttyp]=Angeb Dokument[gehört zu
> > |Beschaffungsvorgang]={{FULLPAGENAME}}
> > |Dokument[Geschäftspartner]={{{Geschäftspartner|}}}
> > |AKS[1][UstNr]={{{UstNr}}}
> > |AKS[1][Typkennzeichen]={{{Typkennzeichen}}}
> > |AKS[1][Typnummer]={{{Typnummer}}}
> > }}
> >
> > This is mainly to create a File:Page that is stongly bundeled to the
> > page itself and should get some metadata values from it.
> >
> > As you can see in the |default value line I replace &#38; (wich is
> > &) by "und" because otherwise the name would be cut at the place
> > where the PAGENAME contains the &. This is a workaround that I found
> > thinking it would work but there are more issues.  Most pagenames do not contain "&"
> > but some do and you can't really prevent users from creating pages
> > that contain "&" in its names or use other special-characters within
> > #forminput.  I  think that perhaps other special-characters create
> > this behaviour also.
> >
> > In line |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]= I use
> > {{FULLPAGENAME}} to create some backwards relation to the page. On
> > the created form-edit-page this field should contain the full
> > pagename of the page where the forminput-element started. But even
> > here the  pagename got cut
> at
> > the &-character. Furthermore the all following field got not filled
> > in
> and
> > retain empty in the form-edit-page.
> >
> > I think that special-characters break the #forminput parser
> > function. I tried without {{FULLPAGENAME}} . Something like
> >

> > |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]=Test mit Sonder&zeichen
> >
> > and that breaks also.
> >
> > What to do ? Any ideas are welcome?

Re: {{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

Ralf Hagenbuck
 I quickly updated to 4.1 (4.1 (ffcca0e) 22:49, 20. Feb. 2017) but unfortunately its still the same.

Ralf

> What version of Page Forms (or Semantic Forms) are you using? There have
> been some fixes to the extension to try to get ampersands in page names
> (and in template and field names) to always work correctly, though not in
> the last six months or so - but if you're using a version from before that,
> it may be worth upgrading.
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:53 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I found a Problem that comes up when using something like the following
> in
> > a semantic-template based page.
> >
> > {{#forminput:form=Dokument
> > |size= 50
> > |default value=Datei:Angeb-{{#replace:{{PAGENAME}}|&#38;|und}}-.pdf
> > |button text= Datei anhängen / bearbeiten
> > |autocomplete on category= Dokument
> > |Dokument[Dokumenttyp]=Angeb
> > |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]={{FULLPAGENAME}}
> > |Dokument[Geschäftspartner]={{{Geschäftspartner|}}}
> > |AKS[1][UstNr]={{{UstNr}}}
> > |AKS[1][Typkennzeichen]={{{Typkennzeichen}}}
> > |AKS[1][Typnummer]={{{Typnummer}}}
> > }}
> >
> > This is mainly to create a File:Page that is stongly bundeled to the page
> > itself and should get some metadata values from it.
> >
> > As you can see in the |default value line I replace &#38; (wich is &) by
> > "und" because otherwise the name would be cut at the place where the
> > PAGENAME contains the &. This is a workaround that I found thinking it
> > would work but there are more issues.  Most pagenames do not contain "&"
> > but some do and you can't really prevent users from creating pages that
> > contain "&" in its names or use other special-characters within
> > #forminput.  I  think that perhaps other special-characters create this
> > behaviour also.
> >
> > In line |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]= I use {{FULLPAGENAME}}
> > to create some backwards relation to the page. On the created
> > form-edit-page this field should contain the full pagename of the page
> > where the forminput-element started. But even here the  pagename got cut
> at
> > the &-character. Furthermore the all following field got not filled in
> and
> > retain empty in the form-edit-page.
> >
> > I think that special-characters break the #forminput parser function. I
> > tried without {{FULLPAGENAME}} . Something like
> >

> > |Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]=Test mit Sonder&zeichen
> >
> > and that breaks also.
> >
> > What to do ? Any ideas are welcome?

Re: {{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

Ralf Hagenbuck

I did some testing an research on the special character problem this morning:

This is my new #forminput call:

{{#forminput:form=Dokument
|size= 50
|default value=Datei:Angeb-{{#titleparts:{{PAGENAME}}}}-.pdf
|button text= Datei anhängen / bearbeiten
|autocomplete on category= Dokument
|Dokument[Dokumenttyp]=Angeb
|Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]={{FULLPAGENAMEE}}
|Dokument[Geschäftspartner]={{urlencode:{{{Geschäftspartner|}}}}}
|AKS[1][UstNr]={{{UstNr}}}
|AKS[1][Typkennzeichen]={{{Typkennzeichen}}}
|AKS[1][Typnummer]={{{Typnummer}}}
}}

1. |default value= cannot work with {{urlencode:}} or {{PAGENAMEE}} because it creates non allowed filenames.

2. I found the  #titleparts parserfunction wich helps to manage special-character problems for |default value= in combination with {{PAGENAME}}.  |default value= itself works fine with special characters entered directly or coming from a {{{Parameter}}} but not with {{PAGENAME}}. {{PAGENAME}} itself works fine with special-characters when not used within |default value= .

3. {{FULLPAGENAMEE}} {{PAGENAMEE}} and {{urlencode:}} work within the parameter part of #forminput like in
|Dokument[gehört zu Beschaffungsvorgang]={{FULLPAGENAMEE}}
|Dokument[Geschäftspartner]={{urlencode:{{{Geschäftspartner|}}}}}

At least #fromlink is someway different:

4. I have not found parserfunction #formlink creating this problem with special characters. Do not use the above methods on it . In case of #formlink USING them WILL cause problems.

Regards,
Ralf

> Just for curiosity's sake: have you tried wrapping the {{FULLPAGENAME}} in a
> {{urlencode:string}}? So does maybe {{urlencode: {{FULLPAGENAME}}}} work?
>
> Regards,
> Tobias
>
> --
> If this email is rather brief, it is not meant to be impolite but to respect
> your time.
> http://five.sentenc.es
> No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons
> were terribly inconvenienced
>
> University of Paderborn
> Zentrum IMT
> Warburger Straße 100
> 33098 Paderborn
>
> Office: N5.338
> Phone: 05251/60-2194

I just checked in a fix for ampersands in "default value" for #forminput -
sorry that all these hacks were required.

You can get the fix by getting the latest code from Git, or by just adding
the following to your Page Forms code:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/339447/2/includes/PF_ParserFunctions.php

-Yaron

Re: {{FULLPAGENAME}} within #forminput were pagename contains "&"

Ralf Hagenbuck
 I updated the wiki to the applied patch and the problem with ampersands have gone. Thanks .

Ralf